Restore help!

Post by Ulf Bertilsso » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Help, I destroyed my Exchange 2000 setup.

I have an filebackup of all the databases.

How to I rebuild ?

Seems like the users in AD is now assosiated to the mailbox'es anymore ?

Restore help!

Post by Rene Alam » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Reinstall E2K, with the /Disaster Recovery switch or do a straight install.
Then Dismount your store, remove the databases.
Replace them with your's.
See what happens.

-Rene Alamo, MCSE
Consultant

Quote:> Help, I destroyed my Exchange 2000 setup.

> I have an filebackup of all the databases.

> How to I rebuild ?

> Seems like the users in AD is now assosiated to the mailbox'es anymore ?

1. Exchange Mailbox Tape Restore HELP PLEASE!

I'm really inexperienced with backup/restore routines, so ANY help would be
most appreciated.

Here's the lowdown,

I have a tape (backed up with Arcserve) with the contents of a SBS4.5 server
on it. The problem I have is this, the original server now has SBS2000 on it
and is running quite happily. The server has a dual processor configuration.
I am trying to restore the old server onto a spare PC so that i can get the
contents of a VERY important mailbox off, onto a PST and into exchange 2000.
I cannot restore the whole tape onto a machine as the spare pc is only
Uni-Processor. I am after some pointers/tips/hints ANYTHING that might help
me.

I have tried installing SBS4.5 straight onto the new PC and then restoring
the contents of the drives onto the PC, but I'm not even sure if I'm doing
the right thing.

Thanks in advance for any help whatsoever, even if it's just links to sites
with restore instructions.

Dave Hocking

Technical Consultant Gabriel Scientific Consultancy Ltd.
484 Didsbury Road
Heaton Mersey
Stockport Cheshire

SK4 3BS

UK

Tel +44 (0) 161 4431000
Fax +44 (0) 161 4431234

2. Exch 5.0+SP1 NOT deliver mail+attach

3. Pub Restore Help Needed

4. POP3 over SSL Getting Disconnected

5. Restore help!

6. PLEASE HELP!! CC:MAIL CONNECTOR MUNGING FILE ATTACHMENTS

7. Database Restore HelP!!

8. Exchange 2000 sp2 public folders problem

9. Restore help please

10. Exchange 2003 restore--help...

11. Restore Help: Outlook subfolder was deleted

12. Information Store Restore-HELP!!

13. online restore help