Removing the first server in a site

Post by David Welc » Mon, 27 Apr 1998 04:00:00

How long did you leave the first server up after completing all the tasks??

Removing the first server in a site

Post by Greg Nichols » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have just removed my first Exchange server as per KB Article# Q152959.
My existing Exchange server can be accessed via HTTP without problems.

While trying to connect via Outlook, though, I get a "server cannot be
found" message.  Upon selecting "Retry" and waiting 30-60 seconds my
Exchange mailbox appears and I seem to be in business... aside from
sluggish performance.

Have I left out an important step not covered by the article?

As always, Thanks!

1. removing the first server in a site

I  had to rebuild my exchange server. I bought a new
server and added it to the same site as the old server. I
copied all the mailboexes to the new server and want to
remove the first server in my site. I followed all the
role changes but the conectors have not changed. If
anyone can help I would apprieciate any and all help.
Thank You

2. Outlook 2002 and MSN for exchange 4.5

3. Removing the FIRST server in a site

4. .Multiple Domain Names on One SServer

5. removing the first server in the site.

6. Voting Buttons

7. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

8. managing distribution lists

9. Removing the first lonely server of the first site of the Org

10. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first