Unable to close Excel 97

Post by soccermo » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:08:05

Why am I unable to close the Excel 97 program by clicking
on the X in the upper right corner of the screen?  The X
is not highlighted.  The program can only be closed by
going into File and Close.  I know there is a solution to
this.

1. Macro errors importing Excel 97 into Excel 2002

I have a file created in Excel 97 on a WinNT 4 machine,
with macros invoked by buttons.  I want to take it home to
work on, but my home machine is XP with Excel 2002.

First, two buttons appear normally, but one is inverted as
if it was being viewed from the back of the monitor.

Second, the References menu says I'm missing a Common
Dialog (SP3) that could be found in a WINNT directory
which doesn't exist on the home machine.  I found the file
it wants, copied it into what appears to be the correct
directory at home, and opened the file.  But if I close it
and later reopen it, I have to reinstall the Common Dialog
file (MSComDlg.TWD).

Does anybody know how to correct the first problem and fix
the system so I don't have to reinstall the TWD file each
time I open the xls file?

Would Appreciate any help.

Sonny

2. How can I erase a corrupted mail from a mailbox?

3. Emailing Excel 4 (Mac) files to Excel 97 (PC)

4. Outlook Express is not recognizing emails sent for Outlook

5. Macro for Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2000

6. Out-Of-Office subject line???

7. Passwort Excel 97

8. IMCCOPY

9. Mail Merge using Excel 97

10. Exception when debugging VBA procedures in Excel 97 SR-2

11. Excel 97 ,La somme des cellules de colonne de couleur differentes

12. Exhange 4.0 problem with Excel 97

13. Excel files close slowly