Removing 3rd Party Addresses from Site Addressing - FAX

Removing 3rd Party Addresses from Site Addressing - FAX

Post by Tink » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

We have installed a 3rd party's FAX gateway software (no names mentioned) and
after finding out it won't do what we want and un-installing, The FAX
addresses (and multiple ones I might add) are still there..

Removing the address from the clients was simple, but it's creating new
addresses that is causing a problem..

In 4.0, I cannot create, edit or create SMTP customized addresses.

In 5.0, you can disable addresses (GREAT!).. so I can create mailboxes, edit,
etc.. but when I try to create an SMTP customized address, it fails.

I have tried..

1) Renaming or deleting the FAX folders in \\SERVER\ADDRESS
2) Calling the 3rd Party company.. they are aware but have NO IDEA how to
solve. (again.. no mention of names)
3) Checking the Knowledge Base at Microsoft - Nothing related
4) Checking Tech Net - Nothing related.

Any solutions?

Removing 3rd Party Addresses from Site Addressing - FAX

Post by Mike Bende » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have also seen some similar things come out of the Address book and
Microsoft Fax.  Assuming that you are talking about the personal address
book, I would recommend initially removing the *.pab file on the client end
and allowing it to recreate a new one, unless this is too inconvenient for
the personnel involved.  My company is currently using only Exchange 4.0 SP2
and then upgrading to SP4.  I have also had difficulty installing MS Fax and
getting it to work, unless I install it at the time of the initial
installation of Exchange.  It does not seem to want to install over top of
the Exchange 4.0 client.  Most of the time when a user attempts to compose a
fax it just hangs.  To solve this I have to go through the drawn-out process
of totally uninstalling Exchange (Remove all in the SP2 setup), install MS
Fax, and then reinstall the Exchange 4.0 SP's over top of Fax.  That seems
to do the trick.  Haven't had any more difficulties thus far.

Quote:>I have tried..

>1) Renaming or deleting the FAX folders in \\SERVER\ADDRESS
>2) Calling the 3rd Party company.. they are aware but have NO IDEA how to
>solve. (again.. no mention of names)
>3) Checking the Knowledge Base at Microsoft - Nothing related
>4) Checking Tech Net - Nothing related.

Removing 3rd Party Addresses from Site Addressing - FAX

Post by Brent McCulloug » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I had the exact same problem with a fax gateway. I fought with it for
months. There is a knowledge base article describing how to remove third
party connectors. Article number Q160796. You have to run the admin program
in raw mode, but it worked like a charm for me.

Brent

Removing 3rd Party Addresses from Site Addressing - FAX

Post by Todd Weis » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I did this, but I had to put the Exchange Admin into Raw mode and muck all
over the place to remove all the appropriate references before I finally
got everything right.  Needless to say, you must be *extremely* cautious
about this.
--
Todd Weiss

Please remove the .nospam for the return address
or send to todd at weiss dot org

Quote:> I have also seen some similar things come out of the Address book and
> Microsoft Fax.  Assuming that you are talking about the personal address
> book, I would recommend initially removing the *.pab file on the client
end
> and allowing it to recreate a new one, unless this is too inconvenient
for
> the personnel involved.  My company is currently using only Exchange 4.0
SP2
> and then upgrading to SP4.  I have also had difficulty installing MS Fax
and
> getting it to work, unless I install it at the time of the initial
> installation of Exchange.  It does not seem to want to install over top
of
> the Exchange 4.0 client.  Most of the time when a user attempts to
compose a
> fax it just hangs.  To solve this I have to go through the drawn-out
process
> of totally uninstalling Exchange (Remove all in the SP2 setup), install
MS
> Fax, and then reinstall the Exchange 4.0 SP's over top of Fax.  That
seems
> to do the trick.  Haven't had any more difficulties thus far.

> >I have tried..

> >1) Renaming or deleting the FAX folders in \\SERVER\ADDRESS
> >2) Calling the 3rd Party company.. they are aware but have NO IDEA how
> >solve. (again.. no mention of names)
> >3) Checking the Knowledge Base at Microsoft - Nothing related
> >4) Checking Tech Net - Nothing related.

1. Removing 3rd Party Addresses from Site Addressing - FAX

We have installed a 3rd party's FAX gateway software (no names mentioned) and
after finding out it won't do what we want and un-installing, The FAX
addresses (and multiple ones I might add) are still there..

Removing the address from the clients was simple, but it's creating new
addresses that is causing a problem..

In 4.0, I cannot create, edit or create SMTP customized addresses.

In 5.0, you can disable addresses (GREAT!).. so I can create mailboxes, edit,
etc.. but when I try to create an SMTP customized address, it fails.

I have tried..

1) Renaming or deleting the FAX folders in \\SERVER\ADDRESS
2) Calling the 3rd Party company.. they are aware but have NO IDEA how to
solve. (again.. no mention of names)
3) Checking the Knowledge Base at Microsoft - Nothing related
4) Checking Tech Net - Nothing related.

Any solutions?

2. Virus Protection

3. HELP ! Exch server crashed ! Restore won't work !

4. Is it possible to have only one E2K server for 2 domains abc.test.com and test.com?

5. Exchange 5.5 and 3rd party fax connectors

6. News Server Setup

7. 3rd party Fax Connectors

8. What 3rd Party Faxing Software works with XP

9. Looking for best site(s) for list of Exchange 3rd party tools

10. Remove Business Fax from E-mail addresses??

11. How do I manually remove 3rd Party Address Type?