Recover Deleted items not touching Deleted Items folder - Apply Everywhere

Recover Deleted items not touching Deleted Items folder - Apply Everywhere

Post by Colin Chapli » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 19:26:28

Hi All

The registry key as specified in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178630 allows
recovery of items that don't touched the deleted items folder (e.g. moved to
a PST)

We're about to rollout several thousand new PCs with a new build. Does
anyone have any view on the proposal that we include that regsitry key on
all PCs to allow users to do this rather than admins??

Thanks

Colin

Recover Deleted items not touching Deleted Items folder - Apply Everywhere

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 22:38:29

It won't help you at all if a PST file is involved - you want to avoid PSTs
entirely. The registry change will work only when items are deleted from the
mailbox..if they are delivered to a PST, or moved to one, this won't make
any difference, the items will not be recoverable via deleted item recovery.
And yes, I suggest you include it in your standard build.

> Hi All

> The registry key as specified in
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178630 allows
> recovery of items that don't touched the deleted items folder (e.g.
> moved to a PST)

> We're about to rollout several thousand new PCs with a new build. Does
> anyone have any view on the proposal that we include that regsitry
> key on all PCs to allow users to do this rather than admins??

> Thanks

> Colin

1. Recover Deleted items not touching Deleted Items folder - Apply Everywhere

Hi All

The registry key as specified in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178630 allows
recovery of items that don't touched the deleted items folder (e.g. moved to
a PST)

We're about to rollout several thousand new PCs with a new build. Does
anyone have any view on the proposal that we include that regsitry key on
all PCs to allow users to do this rather than admins??

Thanks

Colin

2. Reminders not working

3. Recovering Items That Do Not Touch the Deleted Items Folder

4. No Permissions to add/remove Address Book Views

5. smpt protocol error

6. Server not sending NDRs to Internet

7. Deleted mail items are not available for recovery under Recover Deleted Items

8. Deleted messages, deleted item retention time, and recovering deleted items

9. deleted mailbox items not transfering to deleted items folder