MS Exchange client problems

Post by Kevin Pawse » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

After uninstalling some software in Windows95 my Exchange Client decided
to stop working (obviously the unistall procedure deleted a shared file
in the Exchange Client).

I tried reinstalling the client from the Add/Remove programs window.
This seemed to be going OK, right up until the end, when (just as it was
completeing the Updating System Information section) the setup program
bombed out with an error saying Unable to initialise forms.

I tried reinstalling the software again, but with the same problem.  I
then tried to manually delete the Exchange Client files (the uninstall
facility no longer works), and tried reinstalling again, but found the
same problem.  After deleting the Cient again manually, I tried to
install just the Schedule+ Client.  This seemed to install OK, but when
run it came up with an erro saying couldn't find DLL, MSVICRT.DLL.  I
then tried adding the Exchange Client (thinking it required this to
attach to the Exchange Server), but came up with the same problem as
before.  I then even resorted to removing any Exchange and Schedule
entries in the Registry and reinstalling the Client again.... didn't
work!

I apologise for the length of this entry, but I have tried to provide as
much information as possible.

I would be greatfull for ANY ideas as to how to reinstall this software
(maybe there is a swith on the setup to force EVERYTHING to be
reinstalled).

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Kevin Pawsey
Preferred Computers and Networks.

Post by G. Griffit » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> After uninstalling some software in Windows95 my Exchange Client decided
> to stop working (obviously the unistall procedure deleted a shared file
> in the Exchange Client).

> I tried reinstalling the client from the Add/Remove programs window.
> This seemed to be going OK, right up until the end, when (just as it was
> completeing the Updating System Information section) the setup program
> bombed out with an error saying Unable to initialise forms.

Well, I've also had to do this and found that the Control Panel's
Add/Remove programs to uninstall Exchange is NOT reliable - hasn't
worked once for me.

Rerun your Exchange Client SETUP.EXE and choose Remove All.

If that doesn't work (after failing the add/remove) you may need to
reinstall then try the setup.exe again to remove all.

-Gary

Quote:> I tried reinstalling the software again, but with the same problem.  I
> then tried to manually delete the Exchange Client files (the uninstall
> facility no longer works), and tried reinstalling again, but found the
> same problem.  After deleting the Cient again manually, I tried to
> install just the Schedule+ Client.  This seemed to install OK, but when
> run it came up with an erro saying couldn't find DLL, MSVICRT.DLL.  I
> then tried adding the Exchange Client (thinking it required this to
> attach to the Exchange Server), but came up with the same problem as
> before.  I then even resorted to removing any Exchange and Schedule
> entries in the Registry and reinstalling the Client again.... didn't
> work!

> I apologise for the length of this entry, but I have tried to provide as
> much information as possible.

> I would be greatfull for ANY ideas as to how to reinstall this software
> (maybe there is a swith on the setup to force EVERYTHING to be
> reinstalled).

> Thanks for any help you may be able to give

> Kevin Pawsey
> Preferred Computers and Networks.

1. MS Exchange client problems

[...]

2. Out of office response

3. newbie ms exchange client problem, permissions

4. When Start IMS prompt Dr. Watson

5. MS Exchange client problems

6. Trying to configure more secure POP3 auth

7. MS Mail3.5 Server and Exchange 4 Client to Exchange Client 5 and Server 5 Migration

8. EXCHANGE SERVER 5.0 TO 5.5 sp3

9. MS Exchange Client in windows 2000 problems

10. A problem with MS Exchange Client 4.0 Service pack 3

11. MS Exchange Client 5.0.1389.0 - Remote Mail Problem

12. MS Exchange 40 Client connection problem