Macro for Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2000

Macro for Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2000

Post by Jose Antonio Vallej » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:49:02

Hello,

A macro, developed for Excel 97 by MS (see:
us;Q131554) that allows you to export more than 240
characters row into a textfile (.prn), does not work in
Excel 2000.

The error is: run time '5'.

I do not know the reason.

Thank you for your help.

Macro for Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2000

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:36:20

This is an Exchange Server newsgroup.

Quote:> Hello,

> A macro, developed for Excel 97 by MS (see:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;Q131554) that allows you to export more than 240
> characters row into a textfile (.prn), does not work in
> Excel 2000.

> The error is: run time '5'.

> I do not know the reason.

> Thank you for your help.

1. Macro errors importing Excel 97 into Excel 2002

I have a file created in Excel 97 on a WinNT 4 machine,
with macros invoked by buttons.  I want to take it home to
work on, but my home machine is XP with Excel 2002.

First, two buttons appear normally, but one is inverted as
if it was being viewed from the back of the monitor.

Second, the References menu says I'm missing a Common
Dialog (SP3) that could be found in a WINNT directory
which doesn't exist on the home machine.  I found the file
it wants, copied it into what appears to be the correct
directory at home, and opened the file.  But if I close it
and later reopen it, I have to reinstall the Common Dialog
file (MSComDlg.TWD).

Does anybody know how to correct the first problem and fix
the system so I don't have to reinstall the TWD file each
time I open the xls file?

Would Appreciate any help.

Sonny

2. Help !

3. Emailing Excel 4 (Mac) files to Excel 97 (PC)

4. Exchange Client for WfW 3.11

5. Read receipt request flag not set when doing File/Send from Word/Excel

6. Outlook Date format??

7. Extacting information from public folder using Excel MACRO

8. Internet Mail Sending Problem

9. Unable to close Excel 97

10. Passwort Excel 97

11. Mail Merge using Excel 97

12. Exception when debugging VBA procedures in Excel 97 SR-2

13. Excel 97 ,La somme des cellules de colonne de couleur differentes