HELP!! Cannot open OST file of modified profile

HELP!! Cannot open OST file of modified profile

Post by Karell Ste-Mari » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Can anybody tell me how is it possible to open an OST file and retrieve data
from it when you have modified the exchange server profile ?

We have had some mailbox issues with a corrupted database loosing everything
(no backup), some users were a little quick in reconnecting to their new
mailboxes before we had a chance to call them to to that OST to PST thing.

This is quite critical, please e-mail any replies to make sure that I don't
miss anything...

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Can anybody tell me how is it possible to open an OST file and retrieve data
>from it when you have modified the exchange server profile ?

>We have had some mailbox issues with a corrupted database loosing everything
>(no backup), some users were a little quick in reconnecting to their new
>mailboxes before we had a chance to call them to to that OST to PST thing.

>This is quite critical, please e-mail any replies to make sure that I don't
>miss anything...

You won't miss anything. You've already seen the results of this
error. The OST's are orphans and are not accessible.

1. HELP!! Cannot open OST file of modified profile

Can anybody tell me how is it possible to open an OST file and retrieve data
from it when you have modified the exchange server profile ?

We have had some mailbox issues with a corrupted database loosing everything
(no backup), some users were a little quick in reconnecting to their new
mailboxes before we had a chance to call them to to that OST to PST thing.

This is quite critical, please e-mail any replies to make sure that I don't
miss anything...

2. Move exchange 2000 server to a new PC

3. Auto Forwarding Emails

4. server based spam filter on simtel

5. Accessing XCH OST files without original profile just the OST's themselves

6. Missing Organization Forms Library

7. Help, How can i open OST files after crash NT server and loose of Exchange data

8. Cannot sync .OST file using RAS and DUN (Help Please)

9. HELP! Cannot Open .pst File - No Access Privelege

10. Of OST files and default profiles