Service Pack 4 failure to Upgrade properly

Service Pack 4 failure to Upgrade properly

Post by Scott Burdit » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:51:03

Updated original install of Exchange 5.5 to SP4. Under
help version number is 4.

In the Admin program it says it is Version 1.

SMTP could not be loaded until I changed the version
number in raw mode to the new file.

Now when I try to change email addresses it says
pcproxy.dll is the incorrect version number. Anyone any
ideas how to fix this?

It's quite urgent.

Thank you

Service Pack 4 failure to Upgrade properly

Post by Susan VanAlle » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:15:30

Have you tried reinstalling SP4?

--
Susan VanAllen
Systems Administrator

Quote:> Updated original install of Exchange 5.5 to SP4. Under
> help version number is 4.

> In the Admin program it says it is Version 1.

> SMTP could not be loaded until I changed the version
> number in raw mode to the new file.

> Now when I try to change email addresses it says
> pcproxy.dll is the incorrect version number. Anyone any
> ideas how to fix this?

> It's quite urgent.

> Thank you

1. Service Pack 2 Failure

Hi,

I am trying to install Exchange Server SP2 and SP3 but get the following
error message while it's modifying the registry:

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0x0020534

Now while it says the upgrade failed, the version shows Service Pack 2 has
been installed.

Installing Service Pack 3 then gives me this error:
This version of Exchange Setup can only upgrade servers that are 4.0a/SP2.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?  I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rob Coombe

2. User still can't get into mailbox with user permissions

3. To Service Pack or not to Service Pack

4. Groupwise versus Exchange

5. Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

6. Interesting problem with Windows 2000

7. Service Pack 2 upgrade issues

8. Corrupt Information Store

9. Upgrading excahnge service pack 4

10. Service Pack Upgrade Path

11. Upgrading Exchange Service Packs?

12. Service Pack Upgrades ?

13. UPGRADING TO EXCHANGE 5.5 - SERVICE PACK QUESTION.