Win2k3 and Exchange2k3

Post by Phil » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:02:49

Will Windows Server 2003 be needed with Exchange 2003 to
receive the single click URL  exchange access through
Outlook 2003?  This will end the need for VPN for exchange
server access.  Also will I have to upgrade my PDC to
Win2k3 for the new active directory schema updates?
I am pretty sure all 3 new versions will be needed but
just wanted to check, wasnt sure about the PDC upgrade
either. I appreciate any replies.   Thanks.

Win2k3 and Exchange2k3

Post by Andy David [MVP » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:33:14

Are you talking about RPC over HTTP?
You will need Windows 2003 on the E2003 servers, the FE RPC server,
The DCs that the e2003 server will use and on the GC.

>Will Windows Server 2003 be needed with Exchange 2003 to
>receive the single click URL  exchange access through
>Outlook 2003?  This will end the need for VPN for exchange
>server access.  Also will I have to upgrade my PDC to
>Win2k3 for the new active directory schema updates?
>I am pretty sure all 3 new versions will be needed but
>just wanted to check, wasnt sure about the PDC upgrade
>either. I appreciate any replies.   Thanks.

Win2k3 and Exchange2k3

Post by Phil » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:21:26

Andy,  that is correct I want to set up RPC over HTTP.
I only have one exchange server and one PDC  so they will
both need win2k3.  When you say FE RPC server,  is that
Front end RPC server.   Would that just be my Exchange
server,  I only have one,  so Im not using the Front
end/Back end architecture. When you say GC,  you mean
Global catalog right?  My GC server is my also my PDC.
I tried and tried to get this process to work with ISA
server by publishing the exchange server, but I could
never get outlook to connect remotely.
Should I be able to set this new RPC over HTTP up
successfully based on my infrastructure?
Thanks.

1. Exchange 2k in Win2k3 domain

I saw that E2k sp2 on a Win2k server is supported in a
Win2k3 domain. Does the install of E2k (obviously pre
service pack 2) work properly in a Win2k3 domain?  Or does
the Exchange install have to be done in a Win2k domain
then upgrade the domain to Win2k3 domain?
Thanks for any answers.
Mark

2. Err- There is no such mailbox on this server

3. Will Exchange 5.5 run on Win2K3?

4. Removing the SRS service & switching to native mode

5. NTBack Error Exchange 2003 on Win2K3

6. How does a "Do Not Reply" mailbox typically handle NDR's?

7. Exch2k3 on Win2k3 Enterprise

8. Sample CDO/ASP code

9. Ex2k3 RC1+Win2k3 Configure RPC Proxy over HTTP

10. How do I install OWA 5.5 on Win2k3

11. E2K on Win2K3

12. Forest/Domain Prep with Win2k3 AD