why keep HTTP protocol enabled on Exchange Server

why keep HTTP protocol enabled on Exchange Server

Post by ZZZT » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 00:20:33

If I'm not running OWA, is there any other reason why I would want to keep
the HTTP protocol enabled on my Exchange Server?  Someone told me that it
enables URL links and HTML content in Outlook emails but I doubt that I
believe it is a function of the client.

Post by ZZZT » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:40:52

If I'm not running OWA, is there any other reason why I would want to keep
the HTTP protocol enabled on my Exchange Server?  Someone told me that it
enables URL links and HTML content in Outlook emails but I doubt that I
believe it is a function of the client.

why keep HTTP protocol enabled on Exchange Server

Post by microtok » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 05:16:20

You should be fine if you disable it. That assumption you were told is
bogus. All url and HTML conversion is in the store.

Quote:> If I'm not running OWA, is there any other reason why I would want to keep
> the HTTP protocol enabled on my Exchange Server?  Someone told me that it
> enables URL links and HTML content in Outlook emails but I doubt that I
> believe it is a function of the client.

1. why keep HTTP protocol enabled on Exchange Server

If I'm not running OWA, is there any other reason why I would want to keep
the HTTP protocol enabled on my Exchange Server?  Someone told me that it
enables URL links and HTML content in Outlook emails but I doubt that I
believe it is a function of the client.

2. VIRUS ATTACK OVER EXCH 5.5

3. any other reason why I would want to keep the HTTP protocol enabled

4. I need serious help

5. keep the HTTP protocol enabled

6. Setup fails to install Information Store Service

7. Disclaimers

8. Need HTTP Protocol Enable/Disable ADS Attribute

9. E2K HTTP Protocol Disable/Enable Attribute.

10. Adding http protocol to the protocol container in exchange 5.5

11. HTTP Protocol Missing from Site / Exchange Server