News pull isn't pulling / Exch 5.5

Post by Heinz Wittenbeche » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

As I understand the "pull" feature it is to act as if a news client is
logged onto the ISP's news server and therefor no special stuff or treatment
needed by/from ISP. Do I understand this correctly?

I get the following in the event log. Is feed -2 correct? i.e. the minus
number, or is that simply a dash?

From event log:
Inbound Feed Status Report.  In the last 60 minutes the inbound feed -2 on
virtual server 1 has successfully received 0 articles, has asked the remote
server to retry 0 articles, and has had 0 soft errors and 0 hard errors
trying to receive and store articles.  The inbound feed -2 corresponds to
articles picked up from the pickup directory.  The inbound feed -1
corresponds to articles posted by clients.

Needless to say... no news is apearing in exchange.

Any ideas?

TIA - Heinz
--
Byte Designs Ltd. -- A good source for ISAM & ODBC expertise.

1. Pulling news, can't do it

Hi,

  I am using Exchange Server 5.5 (SP-3) on Windows NT 4.0 Service pack 6a.
I used to be able to pull news from msnews.microsoft.com but now I am unable
to do so for some weird reason.  Can someone shed some light on it, as it is
becoming a daunting task.  I've configured the News Service as much as I
could and I am successful in pulling the news file, I can see and configure
the newsgroups at the server, but the client can't see anything in them.  So
please help me out, i've tried outlook express 5.0 and Outlook2000 as
clients.

regards

Umar

2. How many mail/day through my msx servers?

3. NNTP Doesn't Pull News

4. Adding Messages To Other's Mailboxes

5. I'm searching a news server to pull up messages

6. Help ! Internet Mail in Exchange 4.0

7. Pull Newsfeed setup to download news from External News Server

8. WScrpit.Kakworm.B, Please Help!

9. Pulling NNTP News into Exchange 5.5 from BigPond (61.9.128.12)

10. Can I pull Notes R5 calendar into Outlook 2000/Exch 5.5

11. Pull feed problems w/ Exch 5.5