Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Grey Lancaster [MS MVP » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Have you deleted from the deleted box as well?  Stop and restart, wait 24
hours?

Grey

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Nimrod Kleinma » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm running exchange 5.0(sp2) as part of my SBS4.0a system. I have
restricted the mail box sizes to 4/5mb each. Unfortunatlly, the exchange
server does not decrease the size of the mail boxes even if I delete the
messages from the mailboxes. The result: Some users have reached their limit
and can't send mail but do get a message that saying that they have reached
the limit of the mailbox.

Any ideas?

thanks
Nimrod

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Nimrod Kleinma » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Well, I have tried that but it just don't work. I still see the same mailbox
size after I delete those items from the deleted items and after I start and
stop the service and wait 24 hours... It's some thing beyond that...

Thanks
Nimrod

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Marco Edwi » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Nimrod,

There is an option "recover deleted items" within the Exchange Admin
program. You might want to check that one too.

--
Thank you.

Marco
MCSE, NT, Exchange

and send a reply to this amazing newsgroup so that
anyone else can help you too!

Quote:

> Well, I have tried that but it just don't work. I still see the same
mailbox
> size after I delete those items from the deleted items and after I start
and
> stop the service and wait 24 hours... It's some thing beyond that...

> Thanks
> Nimrod

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

This option is avail in ExchServ 55 and that space is not counted against
message size.

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by scott mcgeecha » Sun, 08 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Don't forget to delete all the mail in "sent items" - I've had some client
workstations where this is the real problem, especially if users send lots
of attachments.

Scott

Quote:

> Well, I have tried that but it just don't work. I still see the same
mailbox
> size after I delete those items from the deleted items and after I start
and
> stop the service and wait 24 hours... It's some thing beyond that...

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by shamsul arefi » Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:00:00

just migrate to notes and 80% problems will solved

>Hi,

>I'm running exchange 5.0(sp2) as part of my SBS4.0a system. I have
>restricted the mail box sizes to 4/5mb each. Unfortunatlly, the exchange
>server does not decrease the size of the mail boxes even if I delete the
>messages from the mailboxes. The result: Some users have reached their
limit
>and can't send mail but do get a message that saying that they have reached
>the limit of the mailbox.

>Any ideas?

>thanks
>Nimrod

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Chris Schar » Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:00:00

said:

Quote:>just migrate to notes and 80% problems will solved

Nice troll.

--
Chris Scharff       ! One man with courage
Exchange Consultant ! makes a majority.

ROT13 required for SMTP Address
Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Microsoft Suppor » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Install Outlook 98 on one of the client PCs.
Login as one of the problematic users.
From Outlook select the properties of the Mailbox container for that user.
Select Folder Size..
From there you'll be able to see the size of each folder.

--
Microsoft Support
provided by Wang Global LTD

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm running exchange 5.0(sp2) as part of my SBS4.0a system. I have
> restricted the mail box sizes to 4/5mb each. Unfortunatlly, the exchange
> server does not decrease the size of the mail boxes even if I delete the
> messages from the mailboxes. The result: Some users have reached their
limit
> and can't send mail but do get a message that saying that they have
reached
> the limit of the mailbox.

> Any ideas?

> thanks
> Nimrod

Exchange 5.0 -Mailbox restriction size problem...

Post by Steven Teige » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

And all the Journal Items also if you do not use them. If all else fails you
could try defragging and repairing the Information Stores as a last resort -
it will give you more disk space and a cleaner Exchange if nothing else!

Steven Teiger
http://www.wintra.co.il