Save password setting not saved for e-mail accounts

Save password setting not saved for e-mail accounts

Post by Steve Tennan » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:28:53

I have recently upgraded to Windows XP and am running
Office XP.  Oulook was working fine at first but recently
every time when I start Outlook it requires the password
for each of my e-mail accounts even though I have chosen
to save the password.

I have reviewed the Microsoft Knowledge Base and found
Article 290684 which appears to deal with this issue.
Whilst it does not provide a resolution specifically for
Windows XP, the solutions for Windows 98,  NT4.0 and 2000
all seem similar and I have followed them in as much as I
have deleted the individual user subkey folder, restarted
and entered the password for each account before starting
Outlook.

Unfortunately Outlook still does not remember the
Passwords.

Any suggestions on resolving this matter would be
appreciated.

1. Outlook lock-up when mail password not saved

Anybody else notice this?

After launching Outlook.Exe, press F5 or Ctrl-M to check for new e-mail
messages. However, if you have opted *not* to save your password (under
Outlook's main toolbar in Tools/Services/Internet Mail/Properties) so that
Outlook (or Exchange) prompts you for your password each time you connect
to your mail server, then Outlook freezes immediately after requesting your
password.

Usually, Task Manager reports a few second later that Outlook is not
responding, forcing you to Ctrl-Alt-Del and select "End Task."

This isn't a problem at home, where I keep my e-mail password saved for
convenience. But in the office, at a publicly-accessible machine, I don't
want anyone to be able to retrieve my messages just by walking past my
machine and hitting F5 without being prompted for a password.

The problem vanishes completely when you do save your password so that
Outlook doesn't have to prompt you for it.

I've reinstalled Outlook a couple times, and the problem is there. I'm
current on all the Win95 updates, including the Service Pack 1 and the
Windows Messaging update, which were all installed prior to Office 97.

Rgds,
Ted Bridis

2. Access linked table to Exchange folder (trying to get contacts onto the web)

3. Exchange service passwords will not save

4. View the Global Address via the web

5. Passwords not saving!

6. Please HELP! Need to connect MacIntosh to Exchange 5.0

7. Exchange 2k, Outlook and Global Catalog

8. Password for exchange server not saved

9. Settings not saving

10. saving all email in a seperate account

11. No can save password on Microsoft Mail.

12. Can't seem to save password in Microsoft Mail