Internet Mail Service will not start IDs 2140 and 4087

Internet Mail Service will not start IDs 2140 and 4087

Post by DH » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Running Exchange 5.5 on NTSERver 4.0 sp2 .  Could not start Internet Mail
Service (manually or automatic).  This would kick out the infamous 2140
Internal Error message.

When viewing Event Viewer the following error appears as well:  Source:
MSExchangeIMC,   Event:  4087  Description:   The service could not be
started because the queue viewing interface could not be registered.

NOW:  In Microsoft Knowledge base I find 2 articles under an 2140 and 4087
search.

Article ID:  Q182346 seems to be the most relative of the two articles (the
other one being Q196922), BUT according to the Knowledge Base this article
only applies to Ms Exchange Server, versions 4.0, 5.0.

Beings I have version 5.5 I am a little skeptical as to whether this
solution is applicable (which by the way is remove and reinstall each
protocol that is currently installed--Says cause is if a network service or
protocol is not functioning properly).

Should I attempt to invoke this solution or is there another that I am not
finding for Exchange 5.5?

Thanks,

DH

1. Event ID 4087: The Service Could not be Started

I have received the following error while trying to install Internet Mail Connector:

Source: MSExchangeIMC
Category: Initialization/Termination

If anyone has any clue as to how I can fix this please reply.

--
Scott Bailey

A+ Certified Technician
Computer Service Express
WWW.CSE-ONLINE.COM

2. admin msmail...admin quit

3. Event ID 4087: The service could not be started

4. Exchange Client & TCP/IP (Won't Work)

5. Exchange 5.5 IMC Error 2140 Event ID 4087

6. Please help. I need a Auto - Mail generating....

7. Cannot Start or Create Internet Mail Service Event 4087

8. MacIntosh: Exchange changes 'type'

9. Could not start microsoft exchange internet mail connector service - error 2140

10. IMC setup, error 2140, event 4087

11. can't start micrsoft exchange internet mail service ----- error 2140

12. Error 2140 when starting the internet mail service

13. Error 2140 While trying to start the Exchange Internet Mail Service