re directing mail entering exchange 5.5

Post by Sean Jackso » Thu, 03 May 2001 09:33:27

Hi,
can I re direct mail to an outside mail address from exchange 5.5?
I need to re direct emails to an ISP provided web based email system when we
are overseas.
This needs to be turned on and off depending if we are here or overseas.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.

re directing mail entering exchange 5.5

Post by Ray » Thu, 03 May 2001 20:03:07

Sean,

Why not try it from your email client (Outlook). You could use 'Out of Office

Ray

Quote:-----Original Message-----

.

re directing mail entering exchange 5.5

Post by sb » Thu, 03 May 2001 22:22:18

OR you could try the alternate recipient field thru the admin GUI
Quote:-----Original Message-----
Hi,
can I re direct mail to an outside mail address from exchange 5.5?
I need to re direct emails to an ISP provided web based email system when we
are overseas.
This needs to be turned on and off depending if we are here or overseas.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.

.

1. Directing where Exchange 5.5 sends mail?

Hi,

We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and have Symantec's Norton AntiVirus for
Email Gateways pre-scanning all inbound email, which is then forwarded
to Exchange. Supposedly there is some way to tall Exchange to direct all
email it sends so it goes through the gateway instead of directly to the
Internet. We currently have multiple Exchange servers and we want them
all to have their "sent" email directed through the gateway for scanning
instead of directly to the Internet.

Thanks!

Ray

2. GLOBAL ADDRESS BOOK AND OWA

3. Can someone direct me to a guide for testing an Exchange 5.5 Restore

4. Help Mail Space

5. HELP - To direct in Exchange 5.5

6. Unable to archive

7. Re-directing Mailbox in Exchange 5.5

8. Size of registry

9. Directing mail to undefined e-mail addresses

10. directing e-mail to users mail boxes

11. Re-directing mail out to a totally different mail address

12. Direct failed inbound mail to Admin mailbox under Exchange 2000

13. Exchange and direct Mail Connections