Why can't I autoarchive public folders ?

Why can't I autoarchive public folders ?

Post by Matt Trinde » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

We are using outlook 97 with Exchange 5.0, and have about 20 Public
folders linked to NNTP newsgroups.  There seems to be no way in either
Exchange or Outlook to automatically delete items over a certain age.
When I am logged on I have full owner priveledge over the public
folders, and can delete items from them manually.

Am I missing something ?.  Autoarchive is enabled for all of my personal
folders.  There must be some way round this, as our Pub.edb file
currently occupies 10% of our hard drive, and the news groups have only
been linked up for 5 weeks !

We would prefer to set this up from the Exchange end if possible.

Any help or ideas gratefully received. If poss cc replies to the address
below

*

Systems Analyst
Weston Computing          +44 (0)1494 866668
*

Post by Dan Palle » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>We are using outlook 97 with Exchange 5.0, and have about 20 Public
>folders linked to NNTP newsgroups.  There seems to be no way in either
>Exchange or Outlook to automatically delete items over a certain age.
>When I am logged on I have full owner priveledge over the public
>folders, and can delete items from them manually.

>We would prefer to set this up from the Exchange end if possible.

>Any help or ideas gratefully received. If poss cc replies to the address
>below

>*

>Systems Analyst
>Weston Computing          +44 (0)1494 866668
>*

Take a look at the "Age Limit for Replicas (days)" field in the General Tab
of the Properties page for the desired public folders.  Checking this box,
and entering a value should delete items automatically after the desired
number of days.

Regards,

Dan Palley
TRAMS, Inc.

1. Why can't I autoarchive public folders

[...]

2. How to setup a chat server?

3. why i can't see the public folder after i create a public folder

4. WebHosting HELP!

5. I cannot delete more tha one e-mail in outlook

6. Importing list to Outlook PUBLIC folders - why won't O'look allow this

7. Session.GetMessage fails for one sender?

8. Public folder rules: why SMTP address doesn't work

9. why I can't creat public folder

10. Autoarchive Public Folders

11. Autoarchive a Public Folder

12. Why the script works in personnel folder but not in public folder