Gloabal Address list contains only local site addresses

Gloabal Address list contains only local site addresses

Post by Brenda Barke » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We are using Exchange 5.0 with two locations within one organization.  The
global address list contains all users from both locations - but when
syncronizing Global address list - only the local entries appear in the
offline GAB??
Any thoughts

1. Creating a global address list containing recipients from 3 different sites

Hi, all,

I am about to toss out our existing SMTP/MSPO scotch tape arrangement and
replace it with 3 exchange sites.

I have 3 regional areas connected via CISCO routers , and each has about 2
NT domains (with 2-way trusts).  Each region will have one site.

With that in mind, I want each site to have the recipients of the other
sites in its GAL, and to automatically update as users are added and
deleted.

I understand that Exchange likes to uses its X.400 MTA connector to
exchange address lists; my WAN is totally TCP/IP .

How do I make these MTA send updates to the other sites over my TCP/IP WAN?
 Should I connect each exchange site via an IMC?  Can you exchange address
lists over an IMC?

TIA,

--
Charles Riley
Network Manager

2. ndr attached message

3. how can i import contacts to the gloabal address list

4. Instant messaging on Win98 clients

5. Public Folder issue

6. Gloabal Address list for Exchnage clients without MSMail?

7. 'Find' function

8. how can i import contacts to the gloabal address list

9. Offline address list doesn't contain distribution lists