Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by NTNEW » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Info: Exch 5.5 SP3 and latest Store.exe rollup hotfix patch
NT 4.0 ent. SP6a
NAI Groupshield 4.5

I am getting numerous errors with internet mail attachments in my event log.
The error my customers are receiving is something like:
"""Conversion to internat format failed""" (0x80004005)

My event log errors read both Event ID 12007 and 4122
ID 12007
Error occured processing file.  Created "ASDFCGHBV" in archive folder
ID 4122
Message moved to 'BAD' folder.  Use utility in SUPPORT directory on CD to
view and manipulate these messages

Any ideas on what utility they are talkng about and has anyone seen this
before?  I checked technet and really only cam up with Q187869 which states
that this was fixed in SP3, which I already have applied.  Did I regresh
back to the problem after the applied Hotfix??  I needed this Hotfix to
enable groupshield 4.5 to be able to take advantage of the virus extension
hook in.

Thanksalot!!!
--
Thank You!

--
Thank You!

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

                                        [ snip ]

Quote:>I am getting numerous errors with internet mail attachments in my event log.
>The error my customers are receiving is something like:
>"""Conversion to internat format failed""" (0x80004005)

>My event log errors read both Event ID 12007 and 4122
>ID 12007
>Error occured processing file.  Created "ASDFCGHBV" in archive folder
>ID 4122
>Message moved to 'BAD' folder.  Use utility in SUPPORT directory on CD to
>view and manipulate these messages

>Any ideas on what utility they are talkng about

MDBVU32, on the Exchange server CD. Check MS KB article Q165505 for
instructions.

Quote:>and has anyone seen this
>before?  I checked technet and really only cam up with Q187869 which states
>that this was fixed in SP3, which I already have applied.  Did I regresh
>back to the problem after the applied Hotfix??  I needed this Hotfix to
>enable groupshield 4.5 to be able to take advantage of the virus extension
>hook in.

Check if the failure occurs on outbound messages. If it does, check
the clients and see if they're using a character set that's not
installed on the Exchange server.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by henr.. » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I had the same error. A user sent an email and I got an eventlog error.
When I stopped the Groupshield 4.5 Service the message went through.

NAI said that they had problems with Groupshield 4.5. There is a
Version Groupshield 4.5 SP1 and I have installed this version on my
Exchange Server, which holds the Internet Mail Connector. I had to
deinstall the previous version.

Yesterday I got another 4122. Now I have to choices.
1. deactivate Groupshield on my IMC Exchange Server
2. Wait for the next Service Pack NAI has to offer

> Info: Exch 5.5 SP3 and latest Store.exe rollup hotfix patch
> NT 4.0 ent. SP6a
> NAI Groupshield 4.5

> I am getting numerous errors with internet mail attachments in my
event log.
> The error my customers are receiving is something like:
> """Conversion to internat format failed""" (0x80004005)

> My event log errors read both Event ID 12007 and 4122
> ID 12007
> Error occured processing file.  Created "ASDFCGHBV" in archive folder
> ID 4122
> Message moved to 'BAD' folder.  Use utility in SUPPORT directory on
CD to
> view and manipulate these messages

> Any ideas on what utility they are talkng about and has anyone seen
this
> before?  I checked technet and really only cam up with Q187869 which
states
> that this was fixed in SP3, which I already have applied.  Did I
regresh
> back to the problem after the applied Hotfix??  I needed this Hotfix
> enable groupshield 4.5 to be able to take advantage of the virus
extension
> hook in.

> Thanksalot!!!
> --
> Thank You!

> --
> Thank You!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by Jason War » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I just posted about this problem, titled "probelm with IMC possibly dropping
mail", i found KB article Q242320 about it.

> Info: Exch 5.5 SP3 and latest Store.exe rollup hotfix patch
> NT 4.0 ent. SP6a
> NAI Groupshield 4.5

> I am getting numerous errors with internet mail attachments in my event
log.
> The error my customers are receiving is something like:
> """Conversion to internat format failed""" (0x80004005)

> My event log errors read both Event ID 12007 and 4122
> ID 12007
> Error occured processing file.  Created "ASDFCGHBV" in archive folder
> ID 4122
> Message moved to 'BAD' folder.  Use utility in SUPPORT directory on CD to
> view and manipulate these messages

> Any ideas on what utility they are talkng about and has anyone seen this
> before?  I checked technet and really only cam up with Q187869 which
states
> that this was fixed in SP3, which I already have applied.  Did I regresh
> back to the problem after the applied Hotfix??  I needed this Hotfix to
> enable groupshield 4.5 to be able to take advantage of the virus extension
> hook in.

> Thanksalot!!!
> --
> Thank You!

> --
> Thank You!

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by NTNEW » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Yes, I found that Q article about Error 4122 as well, but that is not it.
After speaking with NAI I found that is a microsoft problem with there new
Anti-virus API in use with certain virus products.  Microsoft has a patch
for it, but as always you need to call them to get it since it is not "fully
tested yet".  NAI gave me a TechNet article that describes the exact
problem, but Microsoft has not released it even that to the public yet.

I called up our support through COMPAQ, and they are calling MSFT to send
the fix to me.

Thanks everyone for contributing

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by NTNEW » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

The un-released Q article is Q263947

Thanks again!

Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

Post by Nancy Steven » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Microsoft told me NOT to run Groupshield on the server that has the IMS -
fortunately this is all that server is:  connectors - Groupshield runs on
the Exchange servers that house the mailboxes/mail.

Nancy Stevens
--------------

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>The un-released Q article is Q263947

Unreleased? That was build 5.5.2651.98 of STORE.EXE:

Q263947 - XADM: Messages Stuck in Outbox with Antivirus Application
Programming Interface in Use

The fix is available in the hotfix Q248838 which will bring the
store.exe to build number 5.5.2652.42

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Event ID: 4122 and Groupshield V4.5 ("""Conversion to internat format failed""" )

[...]

2. Fbfix.zip for Free/Busy Error Message

3. Please Help""""""""""""""

4. OWA and hosting it on a different server in a DMZ

5. "BAD" folder messages (Error 4122)

6. BackOffice2000 (ISA/Exchange/etc.), USB/ADSL, and 2 NICs causes client Outlook to bomb out!

7. Migration Error "MSExchangeMig Event ID 8088"

8. eseperf.ini

9. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

10. Help with "in-reply-to", "references", "message-id" fields

11. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""

12. Event ID 4122 "BAD" Folder??????

13. "conversion to internet format failed"