Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by Geoff Gidding » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I have got a fax that will not remove it's self from the outbox, it
sends every time I load Outlook 98.

I cant open it; it gives an error message that the MAPI transport is
already sending, it's been doing that for 5 days now!

I cant delete it and I cant cancel it via 'fax status' as when I try to
do this it locks everything up and I need to re-boot.

It also affects email as when I try to send I get an 'error flushing
MAPI spooler' message.

I've deleted the contents of the windows\spool\fax folder--nada!
I've searched every nook and cranny of my hard drive but can I find the
thing to manually delete it--can I hell.

Can anybody please help as I am now going nuts!!!!!!!

--
Regards.

Geoff.

PS. I've searched the Microsoft knowledge base, tried slipstick even
burn strange smelling stuff to get an answer.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by Ross Pfaf » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried going to the outbox, clicking on the message and deleting it?

--
Ross Pfaff
MVP - DTA (Office)

WIZOP - Compuserve's Windows 32 SDK forum
http://forumsb.csi.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=Win32SDK

WIZOP - Compuserve's Developer Relations forum
http://forumsb.csi.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=MSDevRelations
Take a look at the neat stuff at:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/update.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/

To inquire about upgrades, fulfillment kits, or other ordering
information, please call the Microsoft Order Desk at 1-800-360-7561,
or your local Microsoft Office.

The Microsoft Knowledgebase is available at http://www.microsoft.com/KB/

The Microsoft Software Library is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/KB/SOFTLIB/.

Need to communicate with a Support Engineer? Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/support/webresponse/pid/intropid.htm

Quote:>Hello,

>I have got a fax that will not remove it's self from the outbox, it
>sends every time I load Outlook 98.

>I cant open it; it gives an error message that the MAPI transport is
>already sending, it's been doing that for 5 days now!

>I cant delete it and I cant cancel it via 'fax status' as when I try to
>do this it locks everything up and I need to re-boot.

>It also affects email as when I try to send I get an 'error flushing
>MAPI spooler' message.

>I've deleted the contents of the windows\spool\fax folder--nada!
>I've searched every nook and cranny of my hard drive but can I find the
>thing to manually delete it--can I hell.

>Can anybody please help as I am now going nuts!!!!!!!

>--
>Regards.

>Geoff.

>PS. I've searched the Microsoft knowledge base, tried slipstick even
>burn strange smelling stuff to get an answer.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by Geoff Gidding » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Ross,

Many,many,many,many,many times. It will not delete, it will not open, it
will not disappear even if I ask it to very very nicely.

Any other ideas?

Geoff.

>Have you tried going to the outbox, clicking on the message and
deleting it?

>--
>Ross Pfaff
>MVP - DTA (Office)
>ClubWin
>ClubIE
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rosspfaff

>WIZOP - Compuserve's Windows 32 SDK forum
>http://forumsb.csi.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=Win32SDK

>WIZOP - Compuserve's Developer Relations forum
>http://forumsb.csi.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=MSDevRelations
>Take a look at the neat stuff at:
>http://www.microsoft.com/office/update.asp
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/

>To inquire about upgrades, fulfillment kits, or other ordering
>information, please call the Microsoft Order Desk at 1-800-360-7561,
>or your local Microsoft Office.

>The Microsoft Knowledgebase is available at

http://www.microsoft.com/KB/

>The Microsoft Software Library is available at
>http://www.microsoft.com/KB/SOFTLIB/.

>Need to communicate with a Support Engineer? Go to
>http://www.microsoft.com/support/webresponse/pid/intropid.htm

>>Hello,

>>I have got a fax that will not remove it's self from the outbox, it
>>sends every time I load Outlook 98.

>>I cant open it; it gives an error message that the MAPI transport is
>>already sending, it's been doing that for 5 days now!

>>I cant delete it and I cant cancel it via 'fax status' as when I try
>>do this it locks everything up and I need to re-boot.

>>It also affects email as when I try to send I get an 'error flushing
>>MAPI spooler' message.

>>I've deleted the contents of the windows\spool\fax folder--nada!
>>I've searched every nook and cranny of my hard drive but can I find
the
>>thing to manually delete it--can I hell.

>>Can anybody please help as I am now going nuts!!!!!!!

>>--
>>Regards.

>>Geoff.

>>PS. I've searched the Microsoft knowledge base, tried slipstick even
>>burn strange smelling stuff to get an answer.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by Tom » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried running in Safe Mode to see if something else running may
be interfering?  Another thing to try is click on Start in your system's
task bar, then Settings, then Control Panel, then double-click on the
Mail icon.  You should see a list of services for this profile, one of
which is Personal Folders.  Double click on the Personal Folders entry,
then click on the Compact Now button...maybe that will help.  Good luck!

>Ross,

>Many,many,many,many,many times. It will not delete, it will not open,
it
>will not disappear even if I ask it to very very nicely.

>Any other ideas?

>Geoff.

>>Have you tried going to the outbox, clicking on the message and
>deleting it?

>>--
>>Ross Pfaff
>>MVP - DTA (Office)
>>ClubWin
>>ClubIE
>>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rosspfaff

>>WIZOP - Compuserve's Windows 32 SDK forum
>>http://forumsb.csi.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=Win32SDK

>>WIZOP - Compuserve's Developer Relations forum
>>http://forumsb.csi.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=MSDevRelations
>>__________________________________________________________________
>>Take a look at the neat stuff at:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/office/update.asp
>>http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/

>>To inquire about upgrades, fulfillment kits, or other ordering
>>information, please call the Microsoft Order Desk at 1-800-360-7561,
>>or your local Microsoft Office.

>>The Microsoft Knowledgebase is available at
>http://www.microsoft.com/KB/

>>The Microsoft Software Library is available at
>>http://www.microsoft.com/KB/SOFTLIB/.

>>Need to communicate with a Support Engineer? Go to
>>http://www.microsoft.com/support/webresponse/pid/intropid.htm

>>>Hello,

>>>I have got a fax that will not remove it's self from the outbox, it
>>>sends every time I load Outlook 98.

>>>I cant open it; it gives an error message that the MAPI transport is
>>>already sending, it's been doing that for 5 days now!

>>>I cant delete it and I cant cancel it via 'fax status' as when I try
>>>do this it locks everything up and I need to re-boot.

>>>It also affects email as when I try to send I get an 'error flushing
>>>MAPI spooler' message.

>>>I've deleted the contents of the windows\spool\fax folder--nada!
>>>I've searched every nook and cranny of my hard drive but can I find
>the
>>>thing to manually delete it--can I hell.

>>>Can anybody please help as I am now going nuts!!!!!!!

>>>--
>>>Regards.

>>>Geoff.

>>>PS. I've searched the Microsoft knowledge base, tried slipstick even
>>>burn strange smelling stuff to get an answer.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by T.J. Hartun » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Try starting Outlook offline, not connecting to the server and then try
deleting the fax. This has worked for me on Exchange 5.0 clients. I'm not
sure it will work on Outlook98

Quote:>Hello,

>I have got a fax that will not remove it's self from the outbox, it
>sends every time I load Outlook 98.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by Athena [MVP-Outlook » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

If you are using Outlook 98 in "Corporate" mode, send a mail message to

If you are using OL98 in "Internet Mail Only" mode, try the main Outlook group.

Athena

For more information about Outlook, see
           news//:msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook

> Hello,

> I have got a fax that will not remove it's self from the outbox, it
> sends every time I load Outlook 98.

> I cant open it; it gives an error message that the MAPI transport is
> already sending, it's been doing that for 5 days now!

> I cant delete it and I cant cancel it via 'fax status' as when I try to
> do this it locks everything up and I need to re-boot.

> It also affects email as when I try to send I get an 'error flushing
> MAPI spooler' message.

> I've deleted the contents of the windows\spool\fax folder--nada!
> I've searched every nook and cranny of my hard drive but can I find the
> thing to manually delete it--can I hell.

> Can anybody please help as I am now going nuts!!!!!!!

> --
> Regards.

> Geoff.

> PS. I've searched the Microsoft knowledge base, tried slipstick even
> burn strange smelling stuff to get an answer.

Please HELP!--Fax stuck in outbox--Outlook 98.

Post by Erwin Vere » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Got any extra strange smelling stuff?

1. Win 98, Windows Messaging and FAX stuck in Outbox

I've been using Windows for over 15 years and this has to rank among the
toughest problems I've encountered.

Using Windows Messaging I inadvertently sent a fax to a voice number instead
of the fax number. It is now stuck in my outbox - like forever!

For the last two hours I've been searching DejaNews and Microsoft.com in
vain. All the help has to do with recovering faxes stuck in the Outbox -
such as by using the Inbox Recovery Tool. Or using the "Mail & Fax" entry in
the Control Panel. I don't have that icon. There was also a suggestion to
drag the Outbox entry to the Inbox, but Windows Messaging won't allow this.

Please help as this is extremely frustrating. Why they didn't fix the delete
key in Windows Messaging has me baffled. In a perfect world you could
right-click the Outbox entry and select DELETE from a menu. Oh well!

Thank you.

--
Michael

2. Outlook client, can't share calander after copying to Exchange 5.0 mailbox

3. Fax Stuck in Outbox--HELP!

4. Third Party Front Ends for Exchange

5. FAX stuck in Outbox

6. Address book accessable to remote users

7. FAX stuck in OUTBOX !!

8. MS Exhcange Upgrade problem!

9. Faxes stuck in OutBox

10. !! Faxes Stuck in outbox - 2nd - Saga Continues

11. Removing Fax Stuck In Outbox

12. FAX stuck in Outbox until next Millenium!!!

13. FAX stuck in Outbox forever!!!