Backup individual Exchange messages

Post by John Stenhous » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

A client has asked about backup software which can backup individual
messages.  I know that ArcServe's Exchange Agent backs up individual
mailboxes, but not down to message level.  Can this be done, if so, how?

TIA

Backup individual Exchange messages

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:38:09 -0700 ,  John Stenhouse

www.commvault.com

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Veritas, Exchange Backups, and individual messages

I use Veritas Backup Exec v7.3. I backup the IS and do individual
mailbox  backups once a week. Is there a way or product to restore
past mail based on message by message basis and not have to build a
recovery server to restore it to? Or a better 3rd party product than
Veritas so recovery and restores are simpler without recreating
exchange?

thanks

2. Gourmet Coffee Online 80350

3. Individual Mailbox backups with Backup Exec 8.5

4. New Exchange 2000 forums

5. Backup Exec 7.2 Individual Mailbox Backups

6. PLEASE HELP! Exch5.0 install doesn't offer Internet Mail option

7. Exchange individual Mailbox backup solution

8. Predefine cc: recipients on server side?

9. Backup/Restore Individual Mailboxes - Exchange 5.0

10. Making Backups of Individual User Mailboxes on Exchange

11. Backup and Restore of Individual Mailbox with ARCserveIT 6.61

12. Backup individual mailbox programmatically

13. Restoring individual public folders from backup