limit incoming mail during certain times

limit incoming mail during certain times

Post by Tim » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:08:37

My organization is running Exchange Server 5.5 and although I am handling the
Administration of it, I have no formal training.  I am trying to figure out if
there is a way to limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times of
the day, but not for all users, would like to keep my sales people focused on the
telephone and only access their email during lunch and after prime time phone
hours, usually after 4pm.  However, I would still like my research and
administrative staff to have access at all times. Can this be done?  Any help
would be appreciated.

limit incoming mail during certain times

Post by Mark Arnol » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:42:03

An option would be to have two servers in the site, one for full users and
one for part time operators.
You can schedule a stop/start of the services to suit.
I would not recommend that at all. Your voice guys are able to pull logs off
the switch for peoples call volumes and durations, surely the threat of
missed bonus's, comission and the boot would focus the team off email ?
Keep their mailbox limits and their message transfer size right down, a
couple of K should see it.
Say bollocks to anyone who wants to send attachments around and teach them
either shortcuts or public folders. This'll keep them from reading/sending
"man hit by train.mpeg" and "shagging, phwoarr.mpg" stuff.

Mailbox limits and message size are able to be set small by default for
everyone and then eased on a case by case basis etc.

Any other options chaps....

--
Mark Arnold MCSE

Before U post - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

My organization is running Exchange Server 5.5 and although I am handling
the
Administration of it, I have no formal training.  I am trying to figure out
if
there is a way to limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times
of
the day, but not for all users, would like to keep my sales people focused
on the
telephone and only access their email during lunch and after prime time
phone
hours, usually after 4pm.  However, I would still like my research and
administrative staff to have access at all times. Can this be done?  Any
help
would be appreciated.

limit incoming mail during certain times

Post by John McLaughli » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:33:12

Hi,

This is probably going to be a daft question, (but unable to tell from your
post), do your sales people need access to the network during 'prime time' phone
hours, if not, you could set the login times so the phone people are only able to
login during lunch hours and after 4pm.

John.

Quote:-----Original Message-----
My organization is running Exchange Server 5.5 and although I am handling the
Administration of it, I have no formal training.  I am trying to figure out if
there is a way to limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times of
the day, but not for all users, would like to keep my sales people focused on the
telephone and only access their email during lunch and after prime time phone
hours, usually after 4pm.  However, I would still like my research and
administrative staff to have access at all times. Can this be done?  Any help
would be appreciated.

.

1. limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times

My organization is running Exchange Server 5.5 and although I am handling the
Administration of it, I have no formal training.  I am trying to figure out if
there is a way to limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times of
the day, but not for all users, would like to keep my sales people focused on the
telephone and only access their email during lunch and after prime time phone
hours, usually after 4pm.  However, I would still like my research and
administrative staff to have access at all times. Can this be done?  Any help
would be appreciated.

2. exchange an hp omniback 2

3. Directing incoming mail from a certain email address to a certain mailbox

4. Old/New Setup Dillema

5. Can we redirect certain incoming mail to an Internet email address

6. Web access, after reply to a mail notification?!

7. E-mail times out, Server doesn't take incoming E-mail

8. Nuke: target asteroid 2 Pallas into Mars to move it closer to Earth

9. Forwarding Mail only at certain times

10. Exchange 5.5 incoming time stamp wrong time

11. Block incoming mail based on time of day?

12. Incorrect Received time in incoming mail

13. Restricting Email send/receive during certain hours