New Exchange 2k Implementation?

Post by Kevin Sargen » Wed, 02 May 2001 08:54:35

I have one exsisting Exchange 5.5 sever which is a 2000 Domain Controller
and I want to setup a exchange 2000 server in the same network also as a DC
fo rhte same domain, and I want them to have the same Organization name, but
I don't need them to be connected or exchange informatinon, aside from
domain controller. Eventually I will be getting rid of the 5.5 but for the
time being I want both. Is there in forseeable problems in haveing this set
up? Has anyone else done this?

New Exchange 2k Implementation?

Post by John Westwort » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:38:21

Kevin,

The problem you'll get is that you can only have a single Exchange
Organisation per Windows 2000 forest.

Is there any reason why you can't have these 2 servers in the same org ?

John

Quote:> I have one exsisting Exchange 5.5 sever which is a 2000 Domain Controller
> and I want to setup a exchange 2000 server in the same network also as a
DC
> fo rhte same domain, and I want them to have the same Organization name,
but
> I don't need them to be connected or exchange informatinon, aside from
> domain controller. Eventually I will be getting rid of the 5.5 but for the
> time being I want both. Is there in forseeable problems in haveing this
set
> up? Has anyone else done this?

1. New Exchange 2k Implementation?

I have one exsisting Exchange 5.5 sever which is a 2000 Domain Controller
and I want to setup a exchange 2000 server in the same network also as a DC
fo rhte same domain, and I want them to have the same Organization name, but
I don't need them to be connected or exchange informatinon, aside from
domain controller. Eventually I will be getting rid of the 5.5 but for the
time being I want both. Is there in forseeable problems in haveing this set
up? Has anyone else done this?

2. Exchange and new domain names, recipient policy.

3. First time Exchange 2k implementation

4. Exchange Setup asking for NT4.0a

5. Moving Mailboxes From Old Exchange 2k Server to New Exchange 2k Server

6. Does any one have a step by step on removing a site from an org?

7. New Exchange WAN implementation

8. Exchnage/Quickmail

9. New Exchange Implementation.

10. New Exchange WAN implementation

11. IMS Implementation on W2K server + Exch 2K

12. new exchange 2k installation on advanced server 2k

13. Help needed with Exchange on new 2K advanced server in new forest Pleaseeee