Sending mail externaly with the same email domain name as internal

Sending mail externaly with the same email domain name as internal

Post by Paul » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I'm dealing with a setup where a company
wanted two SBS servers in different offices both retrieving their internet
mail via POP mail boxes using the Exchange POP connector.

Both offices use email addresses within the same domain, for example

to their main office POP account. Then 4 specific addresses eg

office downloads.

Still with me? :)

Good, ok if one of the offices tries to mail the other I would assume this
will cause problems due to the Exchange server presuming the address is
internal. One solution I was going to try was adding the email addresses of
the other office as 'custom recipients' specifying internet mail addresses.
Would this then tell exchange to queue it for outbound delivery
automatically rather than trying internally? Or would the domain in the
email address still override this?

If this solution doesn't work could anyone suggest one that will. (Other
than subdomaining one of the offices, they specifically don't want this.)

Many thanks!

Paul

1. Sending mail externally with the same domain name as internal

[...]

2. Printing plain Text

3. Sending e-mails to users with same domain name as internal users

4. Archiving Email

5. Only the domain name for the email server instead of machine name .domain name/exchange

6. What is the rights of the user account of exchange server ?

7. Able to send email to our domain name but to other domain I cant

8. Warning 1025 - EcUnlinkMessage

9. Deny users the ability to send mail externaly

10. Deny users the abilty to send mail externaly

11. Can't send or recieve mail externaly

12. Deny Users ability to send mail externaly