Exchange 5.5 and those new Outlook Security Patches preventing user from seeing attachments

Exchange 5.5 and those new Outlook Security Patches preventing user from seeing attachments

Post by Kizeton » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:33:57

Hi All!

I just installed the new SP for Office 2000, and now I cannot save some types of attachments from an email. It's ok if it is an exe
file, since they are dangerous these days, and nobody sends exe files via email anymore, but fx MS Access database is not reachable
if sent to an updated Outlook.

How does one set up attachment file extensions in Exch 5.5 to work together with the new Outlook Security Patches (preventing user
from seeing attachments)?

For the time being I use the following work-arround: I import the Outlook Inbox folder into Outlook Express, and then I disable this
security feature in OE, thus enabling an attachment to be saved.

Is there a simpler solution?

Thanx in advance!

Regards,

               Zoran

Exchange 5.5 and those new Outlook Security Patches preventing user from seeing attachments

Post by neo [mvp outlook » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:11:18

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm for additional
information.

Quote:> Hi All!

> I just installed the new SP for Office 2000, and now I cannot save some

types of attachments from an email. It's ok if it is an exe
Quote:> file, since they are dangerous these days, and nobody sends exe files via

email anymore, but fx MS Access database is not reachable
Quote:> if sent to an updated Outlook.

> How does one set up attachment file extensions in Exch 5.5 to work

together with the new Outlook Security Patches (preventing user
Quote:> from seeing attachments)?

> For the time being I use the following work-arround: I import the Outlook

Inbox folder into Outlook Express, and then I disable this
Quote:> security feature in OE, thus enabling an attachment to be saved.

> Is there a simpler solution?

> Thanx in advance!

> Regards,

>                Zoran

1. Exchange 5.5 and those new Outlook Security Patches preventing user from seeing attachments

Hi All!

I just installed the new SP for Office 2000, and now I cannot save some types of attachments from an email. It's ok if it is an exe
file, since they are dangerous these days, and nobody sends exe files via email anymore, but fx MS Access database is not reachable
if sent to an updated Outlook.

How does one set up attachment file extensions in Exch 5.5 to work together with the new Outlook Security Patches (preventing user
from seeing attachments)?

For the time being I use the following work-arround: I import the Outlook Inbox folder into Outlook Express, and then I disable this
security feature in OE, thus enabling an attachment to be saved.

Is there a simpler solution?

Thanx in advance!

Regards,

               Zoran

2. CDO SMTP Sinks just wont Fire at all !!! - Please Help :)

3. Preventing users seeing details in user properties

4. unresolved mail

5. New Exchange 2k security patch

6. OWA's autoreply do NOT reply externally ?

7. 5.5 users not seeing all Exchange 2000 users.

8. Web outlook

9. exchange 5.5 security patches

10. Preventing outlook from creating default item for a new user

11. New Security Patch

12. Outlook Security Patch -- Exchange admin component

13. OWA New Security Patch