Can't Install Sample Applications

Post by Joseph Rolda » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

While attempting to configure Microsoft Exchange Routing Objects I got an
error message saying that "access was denied" because I was not the owner of
the chosen folder and that permissions have to be granted to me to install
and run the scripts on the Exchange Server Machine.  So to correct this
fault I went into Exchange Administrator to grant the correct permissions.

In Microsoft's Getting Started Exchange Server Manual, the "User
Authorization to Run and Create Scripts" section a calls for Choosing Client
Permissions.  There was no display in Exchange showing this selection to
configure.  Does someone know where the Client Permissions live and how to
configure them.  Any help in this area would greatly be appreciated. Thank
You.

Can't Install Sample Applications

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

The big assumptions are:

1. You are running Exchange Server 5.5
2. You have installed Event Services

That being the case you need to go to "Folders | System Folders" Select the
Event Root for the Server you are working on and then Properties. You will
see the "Client Permissions" tab.

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

A closed mind is like a closed book: just a block of wood. -Chinese
Proverb

>While attempting to configure Microsoft Exchange Routing Objects I got an
>error message saying that "access was denied" because I was not the owner
of
>the chosen folder and that permissions have to be granted to me to install
>and run the scripts on the Exchange Server Machine.  So to correct this
>fault I went into Exchange Administrator to grant the correct permissions.

>In Microsoft's Getting Started Exchange Server Manual, the "User
>Authorization to Run and Create Scripts" section a calls for Choosing
Client
>Permissions.  There was no display in Exchange showing this selection to
>configure.  Does someone know where the Client Permissions live and how to
>configure them.  Any help in this area would greatly be appreciated. Thank
>You.

Can't Install Sample Applications

Post by Rick Spiewa » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Go to Microsoft Exchange Administrator. in Folders\System Folders\Events
Root\EventConfig_<servername>, give yourself at least Author rights.
Give yourself the same in your target folder.
Make sure the Event Service is running.

>While attempting to configure Microsoft Exchange Routing Objects I got an
>error message saying that "access was denied" because I was not the owner
of
>the chosen folder and that permissions have to be granted to me to install
>and run the scripts on the Exchange Server Machine.  So to correct this
>fault I went into Exchange Administrator to grant the correct permissions.

>In Microsoft's Getting Started Exchange Server Manual, the "User
>Authorization to Run and Create Scripts" section a calls for Choosing
Client
>Permissions.  There was no display in Exchange showing this selection to
>configure.  Does someone know where the Client Permissions live and how to
>configure them.  Any help in this area would greatly be appreciated. Thank
>You.

Can't Install Sample Applications

Post by Randy Byrne [MVP - Outlook » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Rick-

Actually it's author or above in EventConfig_<ServerName> and Owner in the
target folder. Any permission less than owner will disable scripting in the
target folder.

Regards,

Randy Byrne, MVP - Outlook
http://www.microeye.com

>Go to Microsoft Exchange Administrator. in Folders\System Folders\Events
>Root\EventConfig_<servername>, give yourself at least Author rights.
>Give yourself the same in your target folder.
>Make sure the Event Service is running.

>>While attempting to configure Microsoft Exchange Routing Objects I got an
>>error message saying that "access was denied" because I was not the owner
>of
>>the chosen folder and that permissions have to be granted to me to install
>>and run the scripts on the Exchange Server Machine.  So to correct this
>>fault I went into Exchange Administrator to grant the correct permissions.

>>In Microsoft's Getting Started Exchange Server Manual, the "User
>>Authorization to Run and Create Scripts" section a calls for Choosing
>Client
>>Permissions.  There was no display in Exchange showing this selection to
>>configure.  Does someone know where the Client Permissions live and how to
>>configure them.  Any help in this area would greatly be appreciated. Thank
>>You.

Can't Install Sample Applications

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

                [ excessive cross-posting retained ]

Quote:>Actually it's author or above in EventConfig_<ServerName> and Owner in the
>target folder. Any permission less than owner will disable scripting in the
>target folder.

Ummmm, guys? The original problem was an inability to even OPEN the
PST, it really had nothing to do with permissions on the server.

Post by Oqaa ASERV-HERMES-outl43 » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Go to Microsoft Exchange Administrator. in Folders\System Folders\Events
Root\EventConfig_<servername>, give yourself at least Author rights.
Give yourself the same in your target folder.
Make sure the Event Service is running.

>While attempting to configure Microsoft Exchange Routing Objects I got
an
>error message saying that "access was denied" because I was not the

owner
of
Quote:>the chosen folder and that permissions have to be granted to me to
install
>and run the scripts on the Exchange Server Machine.  So to correct this
>fault I went into Exchange Administrator to grant the correct
permissions.

>In Microsoft's Getting Started Exchange Server Manual, the "User
>Authorization to Run and Create Scripts" section a calls for Choosing
Client
>Permissions.  There was no display in Exchange showing this selection
>configure.  Does someone know where the Client Permissions live and how
>configure them.  Any help in this area would greatly be appreciated.
Thank
>You.

1. Can't Install Sample Applications

I have Exchange Server 4 (not my fault).

Following directions for installing SAMPAPPS.PST to Exchange personal
folders, I do the following in Exchange client:

1. copy sampapps.pst to a local directory c:\sampapps
2. Open Exchange (client)
3. Tools
4. Services, Services tab
5. Add
6. In the Add services to profile box, I select Personal Folders, OK
7. In Create/Open Personal, I browse and find sampapps.pst from
c:\sampapps. I select it, then hit OK

The error I get:

File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access
the C:\sampapps\Sampapps.pst

This error comes up no matter what I source is storing the file (local hard
drive, CD-ROM, network share, etc).

I am logged in as a domain admin on an NT4 (SP1) Workstation, the same
login being the Exchange Administrator. File and directory permissions are
Everyone-Full Control.

Help! Quick! Thanks!

2. Paging Softwaer

3. Public folders

4. 1 * bxfcLDMXT-Can't Install Sample Applications

5. Agents tab missing in floder properties

6. Can't Install Sample Applications

7. Printing Forms

8. Cannot install the Exchange 2000 Sample Training Application

9. EXCHANGE SERVER 'S SAMPLE HELPDESK APPLICATION

10. Microsoft Sample Applications - can't access

11. Microsoft WorkFlow Application won't install...

12. ASP ADO application doesn't work after install ExchWeb Access