Unexpected Win32 Error

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am running Exchange Server V5.5 SP2, and the IS froze.  I checked in Event
Viewer and found the following error:

Event ID: 0
Type: Error
Category: Performance

I seem to be at a loss for this error.  I can restart the IS service and
receive the inconsistent database errors that I am able to fix.  I encounter
this error about every two weeks.
Has anyone else encountered this error, and if so was there a fix for it?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Evan Francen
NT Administrator
Valley View Microsystems

Unexpected Win32 Error

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I am running Exchange Server V5.5 SP2, and the IS froze.  I checked in Event
>Viewer and found the following error:

>Event ID: 0
>Type: Error
>Category: Performance

0x1B = 27 = The drive cannot find the sector requested.

Quote:>I seem to be at a loss for this error.  I can restart the IS service and
>receive the inconsistent database errors that I am able to fix.  I encounter
>this error about every two weeks.
>Has anyone else encountered this error, and if so was there a fix for it?

A new drive would probably cure the problem.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP