Cannot send mail to own domain

Post by John » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:26:02

Hi

We have just put Microsoft BackOffice Server on one of our
servers,in
order to use the Exchange feature,the reason for this is
that we just
had a diginet line installed,and you can only send mail
using one
ip,so we have to use exchange to enable every to send
mail,the problem
is that we cannot send mail to anybody in the company(in
our
domain),we can send mail to any anyother email addresses
except
ours,there are no errors on Outlook,and the mail goes form
the outbox
to sent items,but no one recieves the mail
Is there some sort of setup that needs to be done in order
to send
mail in the same domain?

PS: we just use exchange to send mail,our mailboxes
resides with other
company,so we dont have an actual mail server as such

Please help
Be specific if can,first time usindg E2k,not very
technical!!

Is there a wat to make the internal emails to go in the
mail box but to another host!!!

1. problem sending mail to own domain from asp page

we access our web server by a different name internally than those outside
the office (not sure, due to firewall? our admin is on vacation). Either

page on the webserver. It works fine for any other email domain. It also
works fine from email clients in the office. Any suggestions?

I have exchange 5.5 running, with the IMS service installed but disabled
(this is necessary for CDONTS to work apparently), on NT Server 4, IIS4,
ASP2. The exchange server is on the same box as IIS.

Is it necessary to actually 'send' the email, or can i just 'pass' it to
exchange as it is on the same box?

There is one other problem. I can't send emails (not from webserver, but

any ideas? thanks

chief

(ps please let me know if you reply to this message:

2. Random SMTP shutdown

3. sending pop3 mail without a own domain

4. Using Sendmail to e-mail MS-Exchange

5. Mail only Delivered when send from own domain/ Exchange 2000

6. Public Folder Affinity - Security.

7. Cannot send mail to another local domain

8. Realy securing Exchange 5.5

9. Cannot send mail to some domains

10. Cannot send mail to certain domains

11. Cannot send mail to a specific domain

12. Cannot send mail to Bell-related domains

13. Cannot send mail to specific domain - DNS problem?