Exchange Server License Problem

Post by Philip J. Morrison, Jr » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have talked with a few people on this and have gotten the same answer from
2 different MS people.  If anyone from Microsoft reads this and has a better
fix, let me know.
Disable the License Logging Service.
I know that this kills all license logging, but I have been told that there
is still a bug that will not release a license after it has been issued.
For example:
User A logs onto his machine (Machine A) and opens Outlook to connect to
Exchange
    User gets NT license and Exchange License
User A logs out and goes to a friends machine and logs in.  He also checks
his mail in Outlook
    User gets another NT license and Exchange License for his use on another
computer
    Old license is still there.
Also, every time you log onto someone's machine you take a license.  The
only option is to wade through it all on a regular basis, or disable the
darn thing as it is mostly a waste of time.

--Philip J. Morrison, Jr. MCP

Quote:>Help,
>  My Exchange Server Administrator wanted me to bounce this question around
>to see if we can find a solution...

>"I am still having this Exchange Server licensing problem.  I can't find
>anything on the November TechNet and hoped you could find something out
>through the forums or whatever you do with Microsoft.  Right now the NT
>server thinks I have over 600 people signing on with Outlook.   I have to
>bump up the license every few weeks.  I have re-ipled the NT server and it
>gets reset and we work just fine for a couple of weeks and then for some
>reason we max out and I then have to bump it up again.  If you could post
>something it would be appreciated."

>We are running Exchange Server 5.0 on a Windows NT Server 4.0. All of the
>clients are Outlook 8.01, with a handful of Outlook 8.02. We have about 115
>actual users who log in to Exchange Server. I believe the Exchange Server
>5.0 SP1 was installed.

>Thanks in advanced
>Jay

begin 666 Philip J. Morrison Jr. MCP.vcf
<encoded_portion_removed>
end

Post by Jay B. Harlow [MVP-Outlook » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

[...]

1. Exchange Server License Problem

[...]

2. Help me Pls..

3. Internet connectivity

4. Recipient could not be reached HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. License Group/Licensing for Windows Server and Exchange Server

6. Exchange 4 restore to new NT4 system

7. Outlook 97 licensing Exchange Server 5.0 in per server licensing mode

8. Server licensing vs. Exchange licensing

9. SBS Exchange Server Client License Problem

10. Exchange Server client license problems and failed email delivery

11. problem with upgrading promotional version of exchange server to licensed version