Exchange Remote Mail Dial-Up to MS Mail

Post by Barry D. Flag » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am having difficulty using the Remote Mail feature in MS Exchange to
send/retrieve my MS Mail to/from our office network using my laptop.  I
have set up a Dial-Up Networking connection that I am able to use to
successfully connect remotely to our network.  However, once connected, the
following error is displayed:

An error occurred during the connection.  Microsoft Mail could not connect
to your postoffice.  The Mail server may be unavailable.  Repeat the logon
procedure, and if you still cannot connect to your postoffice, contact your
administrator.

MS Mail was set up for us by a former employee and a consultant, both of
whom are no longer with us, and we have yet to find replacements.  Can
anyone help?  It seems as though MS Mail needs to also be configured for
remote access.  Is this correct?  If so, how do I set up this
configuration?  Any help and/or direction would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance any and all who have a suggestion.

--
Barry D. Flagg
FlaggShip Financial

1. Exchange Remote Mail Dial-Up to MS Mail

[...]

2. Article Q225538 "Max No. of Inbound Connections",

3. Out of Office automation

4. Default reply to address of a dl

5. Remote Mail to MS Mail Postoffice on Novell Network

6. Need a users manual

7. Exchange Dial ups...