Instant Messaging help needed

Post by news.telocity.co » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:42:08

I have a single W2K (SP2) multihomed DC on a small LAN. The same machine is
also an Exchange 2k (SP2) (upgraded from Xch 5.5),  + a Web server. (e.g.
domain.com). NetBIOS domain: abcd
The host name, therefore: host.abcd.domain.com
The ISA server for client web sharing and caching is not installed yet.

Configured:
1. Another IIS virtual WEB site created, with a Header: im.abcd.domain.com.
Port: 80. IP address: (All Unassigned).  Directory Security's authentication
is set to: "Anonymous..." and "Integrated...". Home Directory - a new one,
created in C:\Inetpub
2. In Exchange System Manager created IM home server: with an Instant
Messaging domain name: im.abcd.domain.com
3. In DNS created _tcp protocol record: _rvp: In Domain: "abcd.domain.com"
In Host offering this service: "im.abcd.domain.com."
4. In DNS created ? record for "IM" host, mapped to the internal IP
172.16.18.1
5. Enabled several accounts to test.

I'm able to login with MSN service client on the same machine (IM home
server), with an administrative (Domain Admins group) account, as

Domain Admins and other accounts, I tried to use from the internet, external

does not have permissions to use the address"

In the W3SVC log I see an error: "... SUBSCRIBE
/instmsg/aliases/administrator - 501 im.abcd.domain.com"

on external IP and if I try to connect from WS - internal IPs.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks. Anton

Instant Messaging help needed

Post by TCC » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:49:41

Try here rather than cross-posting so many NG's

microsoft.public.msn.messenger

--
TCC
Messaging Admin

> I have a single W2K (SP2) multihomed DC on a small LAN. The same machine
is
> also an Exchange 2k (SP2) (upgraded from Xch 5.5),  + a Web server. (e.g.
> domain.com). NetBIOS domain: abcd
> The host name, therefore: host.abcd.domain.com
> The ISA server for client web sharing and caching is not installed yet.

> Configured:
> 1. Another IIS virtual WEB site created, with a Header:
im.abcd.domain.com.
> Port: 80. IP address: (All Unassigned).  Directory Security's
authentication
> is set to: "Anonymous..." and "Integrated...". Home Directory - a new one,
> created in C:\Inetpub
> 2. In Exchange System Manager created IM home server: with an Instant
> Messaging domain name: im.abcd.domain.com
> 3. In DNS created _tcp protocol record: _rvp: In Domain: "abcd.domain.com"
> In Host offering this service: "im.abcd.domain.com."
> 4. In DNS created ? record for "IM" host, mapped to the internal IP
> 172.16.18.1
> 5. Enabled several accounts to test.

> I'm able to login with MSN service client on the same machine (IM home
> server), with an administrative (Domain Admins group) account, as

> Domain Admins and other accounts, I tried to use from the internet,
external

> does not have permissions to use the address"

> In the W3SVC log I see an error: "... SUBSCRIBE
> /instmsg/aliases/administrator - 501 im.abcd.domain.com"

> on external IP and if I try to connect from WS - internal IPs.

> I would appreciate your help.

> Thanks. Anton

Instant Messaging help needed

Post by Anto » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 05:34:01

"microsoft.public.msn.messenger" is not in the list of groups available to
me. Or I do not have access to this group

> Try here rather than cross-posting so many NG's

> microsoft.public.msn.messenger

> --
> TCC
> Messaging Admin
> Using Exchange? Have a Question?
> Check here before you post:
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

> > I have a single W2K (SP2) multihomed DC on a small LAN. The same machine
> is
> > also an Exchange 2k (SP2) (upgraded from Xch 5.5),  + a Web server.
(e.g.
> > domain.com). NetBIOS domain: abcd
> > The host name, therefore: host.abcd.domain.com
> > The ISA server for client web sharing and caching is not installed yet.

> > Configured:
> > 1. Another IIS virtual WEB site created, with a Header:
> im.abcd.domain.com.
> > Port: 80. IP address: (All Unassigned).  Directory Security's
> authentication
> > is set to: "Anonymous..." and "Integrated...". Home Directory - a new
one,
> > created in C:\Inetpub
> > 2. In Exchange System Manager created IM home server: with an Instant
> > Messaging domain name: im.abcd.domain.com
> > 3. In DNS created _tcp protocol record: _rvp: In Domain:
"abcd.domain.com"
> > In Host offering this service: "im.abcd.domain.com."
> > 4. In DNS created ? record for "IM" host, mapped to the internal IP
> > 172.16.18.1
> > 5. Enabled several accounts to test.

> > I'm able to login with MSN service client on the same machine (IM home
> > server), with an administrative (Domain Admins group) account, as

> > Domain Admins and other accounts, I tried to use from the internet,
> external

user

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:43:20

>"microsoft.public.msn.messenger" is not in the list of groups available to
>me. Or I do not have access to this group

Use the news server msnews.microsoft.com.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Instant Messaging help needed

[...]

2. Static Port 135 - Edit Registry NT4.0 &MSX5.5

3. How to Safely/Quickly Move to a new Server

4. Internet Mail Connector - Drive space issue

5. NEED HELP ASAP --- Outbound messages waiting delivery --- NEED HELP ASAP

6. Routing messages

7. Instant Message Server need to be DC ??????

8. Instant Messenger (I REALLLLLLY need some help)