I have a single W2K (SP2) multihomed DC on a small LAN. The same machine is
also an Exchange 2k (SP2) (upgraded from Xch 5.5), + a Web server. (e.g.
domain.com). NetBIOS domain: abcd
The host name, therefore: host.abcd.domain.com
The ISA server for client web sharing and caching is not installed yet.
1. Another IIS virtual WEB site created, with a Header: im.abcd.domain.com.
Port: 80. IP address: (All Unassigned). Directory Security's authentication
is set to: "Anonymous..." and "Integrated...". Home Directory - a new one,
created in C:\Inetpub
2. In Exchange System Manager created IM home server: with an Instant
Messaging domain name: im.abcd.domain.com
3. In DNS created _tcp protocol record: _rvp: In Domain: "abcd.domain.com"
In Host offering this service: "im.abcd.domain.com."
4. In DNS created ? record for "IM" host, mapped to the internal IP
5. Enabled several accounts to test.
I'm able to login with MSN service client on the same machine (IM home
server), with an administrative (Domain Admins group) account, as
Domain Admins and other accounts, I tried to use from the internet, external
does not have permissions to use the address"
In the W3SVC log I see an error: "... SUBSCRIBE
/instmsg/aliases/administrator - 501 im.abcd.domain.com"
on external IP and if I try to connect from WS - internal IPs.
I would appreciate your help.