Help using Words "SEND TO" Lotus Note Mailing System

Help using Words "SEND TO" Lotus Note Mailing System

Post by tans » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Uses Lotus Notes as mail client/servers.   Wanted to use "SEND TO"
button in Word;  also some microsoft application using Notes as mailing
system.  Gone through Microsoft sites.  Did uninstalling and
re-installing of Exchange and Notes.  Finally got "Lotus Notes Mail"
option in "INBOX SETUP WIZARD when I use "CONTROL-MAIL & FAX ICON-SHOW
PROFILE-ADD" to set up a profile for using NOTES to mail.

But I always got this message whenever I tried to create a Lotus Notes
Profile  -  "Can't read password information".  This message also come
up when I start programs such as Exchange or Team Manager.  I guessed
that the program was trying to establish and connect to Lotus Notes but
somehow,  it cannot read the password information to start the
connection.

I am sure I have done wrong in setting up the Exchange.   Can somebody
help ?   I have download the lastest Windows Messaging Program from
Microsoft and I use Lotus Notes 4.5.2 version.

Help using Words "SEND TO" Lotus Note Mailing System

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have some pointers on using Exchange/Outlook to connect to Notes posted at
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/lotusnotes.htm. I don't know whether they
will resolve your problem, but take a look.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Quote:> Uses Lotus Notes as mail client/servers.   Wanted to use "SEND TO"
> button in Word;  also some microsoft application using Notes as mailing
> system.  Gone through Microsoft sites.  Did uninstalling and
> re-installing of Exchange and Notes.  Finally got "Lotus Notes Mail"
> option in "INBOX SETUP WIZARD when I use "CONTROL-MAIL & FAX ICON-SHOW
> PROFILE-ADD" to set up a profile for using NOTES to mail.

> But I always got this message whenever I tried to create a Lotus Notes
> Profile  -  "Can't read password information".  This message also come
> up when I start programs such as Exchange or Team Manager.  I guessed
> that the program was trying to establish and connect to Lotus Notes but
> somehow,  it cannot read the password information to start the
> connection.

> I am sure I have done wrong in setting up the Exchange.   Can somebody
> help ?   I have download the lastest Windows Messaging Program from
> Microsoft and I use Lotus Notes 4.5.2 version.

1. Help: Word "SEND TO" Lotus Notes

[...]

2. Log files: Too Large?

3. Please Help""""""""""""""

4. Exchange 2K and Retrieving Internet Email

5. Send e-mail using vbscript, "CDO"

6. Still Logging when logging set to "none"

7. Sending mail using "Groups"

8. GroupShield Error

9. "Mail System Error - Returned Mail"

10. "Send Using" option