calculating a power curve fit?

Post by Zach » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:39:42

Does anyone know the underlying calculation behind an excel
curve fit for a power equation (y = ax^n)?  More
importantly, is Excel simply taking the log of both sides
of the equation and finding the linear regression?

Thanks,
Zach

1. exchange learning curve

this is a 2 part question.

1)
i am the working for a client who wants to employ exchange to synchronize
outlook for a few members of the org. they have a win 2k adv dedicated
server where they host their site as well as sql 2000. They'd like to sync
and capture data from outlook in sql.

I come from the web dev side - I am very familiar with asp, SQL, javascript
(etc) and sql server.

How easy is it to setup exchange for mail handling + sync of outlook and
capturing of data into sql 2000. I am trying to decide whether to go at this
myself or bring in someone for the task?

2)
In deploying Exchange on the machine their site is currently on - (don't
have access to a sep sev mahcine) - are there any major risk of messing up
the web services that are happening -- I am particluarly thinking about DNS
problems? Is it easy to make mistakes in the learning curve that might
compromise web service on the same box?

Much thanks for any help.

2. SMTP Overlapping I/O operations

3. Trying to see where Exchange fits in to MS strategy

4. Help!! Exchange Server Name could not be resolved

5. Help! New NNTP server having fits

6. Password Reminder

7. Config Files for Exchange will not fit on disk

8. Why Recover a server is so complicated??

9. Read: Modification of HMI housing to fit CCL vacuum cleaner motor

10. ADMT - how does this fit in when using the ADC to migrate from an NT4 domain

11. NNTP server having fits

12. Exch sp4 - Too big to fit in memory???

13. How many mailboxes fit on a server with...