Exchanged has died on me!

Post by JP » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> While trying to send mail that I composed on-line Exchange died on me and
> now I can't seem to revive it.  When I go the menu it won't let me see my
> sub-folders under personal folders.  This is where I normally see Inbox,
> Outbox, Deleted Items, etc.

> The error message "The command you specified could not be carried out.
> Personal Folders - 8057 65377-[8004010A]".  The other error message I get
> is "This item could not be sent.  Personal Folder - 269025537-[80004005]".
> One last thing, apparently the mail that I composed is still there
> somewhere. Everytime I close Exchange it gives me the "there is still mail
> in your outbox, do you want to exit" message.  But as best as I can tell I
> can't get to the mail to cancel it.  When it tries to dial up my ISP it
> comes back with "cannot access port, port already in use"  even though it
> is not.

> Any help will be deeply appreciated!

> Thanks,
> Chuck

don't hold me to this but I think if you run a program called
MLset32.exe in your Program Files/Exchange Directory, this kind of
'cleans up' and you should be back to normal.

Mail me when you've tried it

John

1. EX server dies when Internet dies

Hello,

We have an Exchange server on our network which transfers mail internally,
across a T1 to a branch office, and deliver mail from the internet.  Last
week we lost our Internet connection because Ameritech decided to rearrange
some wiring at the poll.  Once the connection was lost our Exchange server
obviously stopped delivering mail from the Internet but it also lagged out
when transferring mail internally.  We adjusted our routes to point across
the T1 to the internet and it started working again, but was very slow and
caused clients to drop.

My question:

First of all, why does Exchange die when it cant find an external mail
source.  I would think that Exchange would be smart enough to see the lost
connection but still be able to internally function normally.  I installed
wins so that it wouldn't need a DNS server for local stuff.  I cant think of
anything else to fix this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brian Byrnes
INSnet

2. Sending an Exchange Msg via Command line

3. Die notes die

4. two network cards?

5. Server dies when internet dies

6. No Add News Connector

7. Installing Exchange 5.5 on network already having exchange 5.5

8. Offline files with office XP, and exchange 5.5

9. Exchange died...need to recover info store file

10. MS Exchange Dies on Starting Setup

11. Exchange - I'M DYING HERE :)

12. Exchange 2000 server died

13. OWA dies on Exchange 5.5