How to get back to Office 95 from Office 2000

How to get back to Office 95 from Office 2000

Post by GoodStuffAlwa » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:59:15

Greetings and salutations!

I have a question about going back to Office 95 Pro from Office 2000.

Background:

I was running Windows 95A and Office 95 Professional up until December and
decided to "upgrade." I installed Windows 98SE with no problems, but then
couldnt get Office 2000 SBE installed properly.

I will fool around with Office 2000 later when I have time, but right now, I
need to get Office 95 Pro back on my system. So far, I have I removed Office
2000 with Add/Remove Programs and reinstalled Office 95 Pro. Now Word, Excel,
etc. all seem to be running fine.

Problem #1:

I would like to fax directly from Word or Excel, and when I go to print, there
is no "Fax" option.

Problem #2:

From the desktop, when I click on "Exchange", I get the following error
message. (I wasnt using Outlook or Outlook Express before and dont want
to use it now.)

          "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail
           client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run
           Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! (If not too much trouble, pls copy me
with email.)

Thanks!!

Bob

1. Exchange in Win98/Office 95?

Hi all,

Have a client who wants to stay with Office 95 using Schedule+.  Office is
installed on a PC running Win98SE.

I did a restore of the old Schedule+ backup file successfully.  Everything
is visible.  In any other Office apps, when I click on Address Book (which
is integrated with Schedule+), I get an error saying that I must be logged
into Exchange in order to access this Address Book, along with a hex error
code.  Is there a known way to bypass this?  Why would I have to log in,
when the computer boots into Windows using Windows login?

Any and all help is appreciated,

BD

2. Setting Outlook Auto Archive options Automatically

3. Can Outlook 98 be used with Office 95?

4. Small Business Exchange Configuration

5. Fax-Mailing with EXCHANGE 4.0 and OFFICE 95

6. Disabling Rules Wizard

7. Exchange in Win98/Office 95?

8. basic newbie question

9. UPGrading Office 95

10. Upgrading from office professional 95 to 98

11. Exchange in Win98/Office 95?

12. Fax-Mailing with EXCHANGE 4.0 & OFFICE 95