preserve formatting for messages sent via IMC

preserve formatting for messages sent via IMC

Post by Diete » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
is there anyway to preserve formatting when sending/receiving Internet mails?
We're using IMS-Exch5.5-SP3.
If I send internet mail by using various format (color, font, bold, etc.), how
can I make sure that the recipient will receive the message the same way the
message was composed?
What settings do I have to change in IMS (or in client side), I prefer setting
in the Exchange server though.  Most clients will be using Outlook 97 -SR2.
Little number of users are using Outlook98.

--
Regards,
/dieter

preserve formatting for messages sent via IMC

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
> is there anyway to preserve formatting when sending/receiving Internet
mails?
> We're using IMS-Exch5.5-SP3.
> If I send internet mail by using various format (color, font, bold, etc.),
how
> can I make sure that the recipient will receive the message the same way
the
> message was composed?
> What settings do I have to change in IMS (or in client side), I prefer
setting
> in the Exchange server though.  Most clients will be using Outlook
97 -SR2.
> Little number of users are using Outlook98.

    1.  You must send the message using either Rich Text Formatting (RTF),
or HTML formatting.
    2.  You must configure the IMS to preserve the client settings for
message formats.  On the Internet Mail tab of the IMS properties, select
MIME for outbound messages, and make sure the HTML box is checked.  This
enables HTML messages to the Internet.  Click the Advanced Options... button
and make sure the Rich Text formatting option is set to User (which is the
default).  This enables RTF messages to the Internet.
    3.  Finally, the recipient must use a mail client that is capable of
properly displaying HTML and/or RTF messages.  Outlook 2000 can do both; I'm
sure there are other clients out there that can do HTML, and all Windows
versions of Outlook can do RTF (don't know about Mac versions).

Post by Diete » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>    1.  You must send the message using either Rich Text Formatting (RTF),
>or HTML formatting.

if I send using Outlook 97, without WordMail option turned on, and I do all the
formatting (fonts, colors, etc.), does it consider as Rich Text Format ?

Quote:>    2.  You must configure the IMS to preserve the client settings for
>message formats.  On the Internet Mail tab of the IMS properties, select
>MIME for outbound messages, and make sure the HTML box is checked.  This
>enables HTML messages to the Internet.  Click the Advanced Options... button
>and make sure the Rich Text formatting option is set to User (which is the
>default).  This enables RTF messages to the Internet.

Currently the HTML setting is off, but in the Advanced Options the RTF is
already set to User.
The recipient (using Outlook 97) still receives the message in plan text without
any formatting.

Quote:>    3.  Finally, the recipient must use a mail client that is capable of
>properly displaying HTML and/or RTF messages.  Outlook 2000 can do both; I'm
>sure there are other clients out there that can do HTML, and all Windows
>versions of Outlook can do RTF (don't know about Mac versions).

Well, as I said before, all users use Outlook97/98.

One more thing, do I need to turn off the "Convert Inbound message to fixed
width font" option ?

Thanx,
/dieter.

1. Preserve formatting in messages sent via IMS

Hi,
is there anyway to preserve formatting when sending/receiving Internet mails?
We're using IMS-Exch5.5-SP3.
If I send internet mail by using various format (color, font, bold, etc.), how
can I make sure that the recipient will receive the message the same way the
message was composed?
What settings do I have to change in IMS (or in client side), I prefer setting
in the Exchange server though.  Most clients will be using Outlook 97 -SR2.
Little number of users are using Outlook98.

--
Regards,
/dieter

2. fax server

3. Send a multi-part message via mime format

4. Using Exchange Server as Internet Mail Server

5. Cannot send outgoing messages via the IMC to certain addresses

6. RAS to network and Exchange name resolution

7. how to preserve the formats of objMessage.text

8. Help.....Inbound Notification Failures

9. Badly formatted message crashes IMC (was: Re: HELP !)

10. Strange formatting problem when adding an X- header to outgoing message via CDO advise sink

11. Unable to send Internet mail via IMC

12. IMC does not send mail to outside domains if I connect via SMTP

13. MS PO Users cannot send SMTP mail via IMC