Service Pack

Post by Andrew Clarkso » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Is there anywhere that I (a UK user), can order Service Packs for Exchange
Server 5.5 and receive them on a CD or similar. I am having some phoneline
quality problems at the moment, and the enormous downloads from the
Microsoft website keep failing partway through.

Andrew Clarkson
UK.

Service Pack

Post by Amiri Jone » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there anywhere that I (a UK user), can order Service Packs for Exchange
> Server 5.5 and receive them on a CD or similar. I am having some phoneline
> quality problems at the moment, and the enormous downloads from the
> Microsoft website keep failing partway through.

    Go to http://www.microsoft.com/uk/exchange/sp3.htm; there's a number you
can call there to get the SP on CD.

1. To Service Pack or not to Service Pack

I run both successfully.

NT 4.0 SP2 is a little tricky, but runs fine.  If you run any virus protection software on the server you will want to get the Post
SP2 Kernel hotfix from the FTP site ftp://ftp.microsoft.com.

There have been several users who had problems installing NT 4.0 SP2.  Without much correlation, installing from the CD has been
safer than installing from a network share.  Installing from a system already at SP1 has been safer than installing to raw NT 4.0.
Our local record is 7-2 in favor of no problems.

Exchange SP3 has been much easier.  It does require Exchange SP2 though.

regards
Andy

Simpler-Webb, Inc.   Austin, TX            512-322-0071
     "The clue meter is reading zero..." - Dilbert

2. AD part replication (wanted)

3. Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

4. Public Calendar Folder

5. OWA language pack and service pack

6. PROGRAMMING COLLABORATIVE WEB APPLICATION WITH MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER

7. language packs and service pack 2

8. File Limit

9. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service

10. Service Pack 1 and Services

11. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service Unavailable

12. IIS admin service crashing on Exchange 2000 service pack 3

13. Chat service failed to start after service packing exchange 5.5