Secretary to Read Boss's Mail

Post by Fred Yarbroug » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

My boss wants his secretary to be able to read his email for him and keep
check on things from within his Exchange mailbox.  I currently have it setup
in Outlook with her as the delegated authority.  He wants her to be able to
see ALL of the folders like Sent Items, Deleted Items, and such.  It would
be nice to be able to associate an Exchange 5.5 account with 2 NT accounts
(his and hers).  I don't think that this is possible though.  What is the
best way to configure her Outlook 98 client so that she can easily see his
email as well as her own?  I thought about setting up a profile for his
email and force it to require login before connecting and give her his NT
username and password to connect to his mailbox.  Any Ideas?

Fred

Secretary to Read Boss's Mail

Post by PCC » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You may want to try setting permissions (Right Click | Properties |
Permissions) to share all those folders in the Boss's Outlook folders. Then
the secretary would use File | Open | Other Users Folders to check the
Boss's folders.

Quote:> My boss wants his secretary to be able to read his email for him and keep
> check on things from within his Exchange mailbox.  I currently have it
setup
> in Outlook with her as the delegated authority.  He wants her to be able
> see ALL of the folders like Sent Items, Deleted Items, and such.  It would
> be nice to be able to associate an Exchange 5.5 account with 2 NT accounts
> (his and hers).  I don't think that this is possible though.  What is the
> best way to configure her Outlook 98 client so that she can easily see his
> email as well as her own?  I thought about setting up a profile for his
> email and force it to require login before connecting and give her his NT
> username and password to connect to his mailbox.  Any Ideas?

> Fred

Secretary to Read Boss's Mail

Post by ybnorm » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Add her as the alternate recipient to recieve his mail.  You should be
able to do this in his mailbox properties if I remember correc
tly.

Quote:> My boss wants his secretary to be able to read his email for him and
keep
> check on things from within his Exchange mailbox.  I currently have
it setup
> in Outlook with her as the delegated authority.  He wants her to be
able to
> see ALL of the folders like Sent Items, Deleted Items, and such.  It
would
> be nice to be able to associate an Exchange 5.5 account with 2 NT
accounts
> (his and hers).  I don't think that this is possible though.  What is
the
> best way to configure her Outlook 98 client so that she can easily
see his
> email as well as her own?  I thought about setting up a profile for
his
> email and force it to require login before connecting and give her
his NT
> username and password to connect to his mailbox.  Any Ideas?

> Fred

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Secretary to Read Boss's Mail

Post by Chri » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

In Exchange Administrator, select the Boss's recipient account, go to
permissions, and click add NT Account with Permissions. You can then give the
secretary the ability to see everything is his folders.
Quote:-----Original Message-----

.

Secretary to Read Boss's Mail

Post by Fred Yarbroug » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You da man.  We did not have the option set to Show Permissions Page For All
Objects so it took me a while to figure out why I wasn't seeing this option.
Checked it, set the permissions, and now it works.  Thanks!!!

Fred Yarbrough

[...]

1. boss/secretary permission problem

Hi all,

I had a boss/secretary setup where the secretary composed messages and
saved them in the bosses inbox.
He reviewed them and then sent them.
That was on Exchange 5.5 and worked fine.

However, we have migrated to Exchange 2000 and everything works apart
from this.
When the draft is reviewed by the boss, he tries to send it and gets
'you do not have the required permissions on this object'

How can I get this to work on Ex2000?

I have given them both full rights to each others mailbox and I am
stumped!!

Thanks for your help...

Chris Norris
IT Analyst
CML

2. Attachments from CC:Mail servers - Can't open them!!!

3. allowing secretary to send as boss

4. Please Help - IMC Hangs on startup

5. Boss - Secretary via DUN

6. Postoffice creater password lost

7. Secretary Viewing / Editing Presiden't Calendar, HOW?

8. Public Folders - Dial Up

9. Boss wants to read employees email

10. Reminders On Boss's Computer

11. Can't create smtp address and can't read delegate mail

12. Delegate doesn't get notification of new messages for their boss