No Internet Return Receipts

Post by Syed Alizaid » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

From Internet view point, Return reciept depent on the other system you are
sending main to. It all depend on whether otherside systems are capable of
this feature or not.
SA

..

>All right  folks I have almost everything working with Exchange. My
current
>problem is that any time we send a message to an SMTP address with a
return
>receipt requested, we never get a return receipt.

>Any ideas.

>Arigato Gasaimas

>Craig Thompson

No Internet Return Receipts

Post by SSSI » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

So is MS exchange server capable of sending return receipts? When we send a
piece of mail from another source requesting a return receipt, nothing is
sent as well.

CT

Quote:> From Internet view point, Return reciept depent on the other system you
are
> sending main to. It all depend on whether otherside systems are capable
of
> this feature or not.
> SA
>  SSSI wrote in article

> ..
> >All right  folks I have almost everything working with Exchange. My
> current
> >problem is that any time we send a message to an SMTP address with a
> return
> >receipt requested, we never get a return receipt.

> >Any ideas.

> >Arigato Gasaimas

> >Craig Thompson

No Internet Return Receipts

Post by Dennis D. Power » Thu, 01 May 1997 04:00:00

I believe you will find there is a configuration option for this.  Let me
know if you can't find it and I'll look it up for you.
--
Dennis D. Powers
PC/POLL SYSTEMS

Quote:> So is MS exchange server capable of sending return receipts? When we send

Post by irek » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

> I believe you will find there is a configuration option for this.  Let me
> know if you can't find it and I'll look it up for you.
> --
> Dennis D. Powers
> PC/POLL SYSTEMS

> > So is MS exchange server capable of sending return receipts? When we send
> > piece of mail from another source requesting a return receipt, nothing is
> > sent as well.

> > CT

Hi All

Looks like I have the same problem.  Except the option receipt after
read does not work at all.  No mather what configuration is it sends
delivery receipt only.
Any solutions

Irek

No Internet Return Receipts

Post by irek » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

> > I believe you will find there is a configuration option for this.  Let me
> > know if you can't find it and I'll look it up for you.
> > --
> > Dennis D. Powers
> > PC/POLL SYSTEMS

> > > So is MS exchange server capable of sending return receipts? When we send
> > > piece of mail from another source requesting a return receipt, nothing is
> > > sent as well.

> > > CT

> Hi All

> Looks like I have the same problem.  Except the option receipt after
> read does not work at all.  No mather what configuration is it sends
> delivery receipt only.
> Any solutions

> Irek

OK
I found the problem.

Receipt on message read will be delivered if addressee is on Exchange
server.

Irek