Can you edit a global Address list from a workstation

Can you edit a global Address list from a workstation

Post by junk » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
Exchange directory.

Is this even possible to do?

Thanks

Can you edit a global Address list from a workstation

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I
have
> an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I
have
> a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
> change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server,
if
> I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
> greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have
given
> myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from
the
> Exchange directory.

    Two possibilities:

1. Install GALMOD from the Back Office Resource Kit.
2. If you're running NT Workstation, install Exchange Administrator from the
Exchange Server CD.  Indeed, you could install this on all the NT machines
in the office without worry, because anyone who tries to run it and lacks
the necessary permissions in Exchange, will not be able to connect to the
server.

1. Can you edit a Global Address List from a workstation

I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
Exchange directory.

Is this even possible to do?

Thanks

2. Syntax error in Parameter Scanning

3. Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

4. Exchange 5 and Internet Mail

5. Can You edit a global address list from a Workstation

6. Newbie, NEEDED HELP BAADDDDDLY!!!

7. Can you edit a global Address list from a workstation

8. SP4 Errors ?

9. Editing the Global address list from the client

10. user edit own information in global address list

11. Editing Global Address List

12. Editing global address list

13. Editing Global Address List Properties