SMTP problem

Post by Hamid Reza Bahado » Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I am a very young beginner for Exchnage 5.5.
Can you please help me with some questions.

Here is the my configuration.
I have used sendmail in a Linux server called PAT for emplyees(employee user
have a account her). I have DNS in the PAT too.
My students have anouther Linux server called MISSY with sendmail.
All incoming mail comes to PAT and I have a file called XALIASES that routs
all student mail to MISSY.
A typical line looks like this:
ola.nordmann:    <>    olan                (employee)

My domain name is called hig.no with 2 segments.
I have the flowing format in my DNS:

; 140 segment
missy    A    128.39.140.22
                MX    5 missy.hig.no.
server1    A    128.39.140.50
                MX    5 server1.hig.no.
; 243 segment
pat        A        128.39.243.2

I want to use NT for the student with Exhcnage 5.5 instead for Linux. But
Linux sever (PAT) for employees will be there temporary.
I have configured Exchange 5.5 as the flowing:
Orgname:    HiG
Sitename:    Student
Servername:    Server1
Domain name:    Testdomene

And I have configured IMC as the flowing:
\HiG\Student\Configuration\Connections\Internet Mail Service\Properties:
Internet Mail pagetab: Specify by E-mail Domain= nothing
Connections pagetab: Transfer Mode=Inbound & Outbound
Connections pagetab: Message Delivery=Use DNS
Connections pagetab: Specify by E-mail Domain= nothing
Routing pagetab: Reroute incoming SMTP mail=Sendto: hig.no, Route to:
<inbound>
Connected Sites pagetab: nothing
Address Space pagetab: Type=SMTP, Address=hig.no, Cost=1, Scope=Organization

And Site Addressing as the flowing:
\HiG\Student\Configuration\Connections\Site Addressing\Properties:
General pagetab: Routing calculation server=SERVER1

Site Addressing pagetab: X400=  c=NO;a= ;p=HiG;o=Student;
Routing pagetab: Type=SMTP, Value=HIG.NO;, Cost=1 Connector=Internet Mail
Service

One of the mailbox looks like this:
General pagetab: Alias= hamidex (NT User)

E-mail Addresses pagetab: X400= c=NO;a= ;p=HiG;o=Student;s=hamidex;
Protocol pagetab: HTTP,IMAP4,LDAP,NNTP,POP3

I use NT 4.0 Workstation for my client with Outlook Express.
I was successfull to get a message but I cannot send the message. I get not
any error either.

1. Whats wrong?
2. What means inbound and outbound? (I sayed I am a beginner)
3. Is the any problem with my configuration on DNS or Exchange?

Very Very Thanks to all that read this long letter.

Regardless
Hamid

1. Syn problem, archive problem, and smtp problem

Hi,
    I have three problems with my server.
1) Synchronization problem in the background during the inbox folder or sent
item folder for some clients, I know it is not the clients because it
happened to some of new installations of Outlook where nothing is wrong with
the client computer.

2) Can't move or archive some folders to pst because "some files are deleted
or corrupted".  Is there a way to fix this or to find out which item is
causing the problem?

3) Is there a way to stop people logging on the smtp server and send email
using a fake email address?  I can't turn on authorentication because that
will stop incoming email.

Any help will be appreciated!

-John

2. HELP!! Internet Guest Account not a User

3. URGENT: SMTP Problems, IMC Problems!

4. Outlook XP could not log on to Exchange 2003

5. SMTP problem when sending email with exchange server 2000

6. Outlook Web Access

7. SMTP problem with sending email to external internet address

8. Outgoing Internet Email 'Reply To:' Addresses Wrong

9. SMTP problem

10. Please Help With CDO, ASP, Exchange SMTP Problem

11. Exchange and SMTP problem

12. server smtp problem

13. SMTP Problem