Macro errors importing Excel 97 into Excel 2002

Macro errors importing Excel 97 into Excel 2002

Post by Sonn » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 05:08:13

I have a file created in Excel 97 on a WinNT 4 machine,
with macros invoked by buttons.  I want to take it home to
work on, but my home machine is XP with Excel 2002.

First, two buttons appear normally, but one is inverted as
if it was being viewed from the back of the monitor.

Second, the References menu says I'm missing a Common
Dialog (SP3) that could be found in a WINNT directory
which doesn't exist on the home machine.  I found the file
it wants, copied it into what appears to be the correct
directory at home, and opened the file.  But if I close it
and later reopen it, I have to reinstall the Common Dialog
file (MSComDlg.TWD).

Does anybody know how to correct the first problem and fix
the system so I don't have to reinstall the TWD file each
time I open the xls file?

Would Appreciate any help.

Sonny

1. Macro for Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2000

Hello,

A macro, developed for Excel 97 by MS (see:
us;Q131554) that allows you to export more than 240
characters row into a textfile (.prn), does not work in
Excel 2000.

The error is: run time '5'.

I do not know the reason.

Thank you for your help.

2. OWA over https setup help

3. Emailing Excel 4 (Mac) files to Excel 97 (PC)

4. Need help creating public address book

5. EXCEL 2002 CHARTING - secondary value axis issues

6. Admin console / win2000 pro

7. Liaisons - Excel 2002

8. Outlook 2K freeze when connecting to Exchange 2K

9. Can Not Edit an Excel Object in Powerpoint 2002

10. Extacting information from public folder using Excel MACRO

11. Unable to close Excel 97

12. Passwort Excel 97

13. Mail Merge using Excel 97