EXCHANGE problem: Ordinal 195 Could Not be located in MAPI32.DLL.

EXCHANGE problem: Ordinal 195 Could Not be located in MAPI32.DLL.

Post by Eric D. Vasbind » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00



OK, I've gotten a major problem with the NT client of Exchange.

I just installed it last night.  It seemed to connect to the server OK; I
was able to send and receive email messages, etc.  However, when I logged
back into the machine in the morning (it is left on 24 hours a day, 7
days a week) and tried to start up the exchange client again, I was given
this error:  The ordinal 195 could not be located in the dynamic link
library MAPI32.dll.

This seems like a rather weird error to be getting after having it work
just great about 5 hours ago.  The only thing that changed between then
and now is the fact that I logged in and out of the computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

If possible, please CC a copy of any responses to my email address.
Thanks.

Later,
Eric

--
*******************************************************************
Eric D. Vasbinder                   (PGP Encrypted Email Preferred)
        "What Are We, But The Masters Of Our Own Destiny?"      
Check out my web page-->              http://www.orst.edu/~vasbinde


Finger for PGP Public Key-->                     Key ID: 0xD03AEFA5
*******************************************************************

 
 
 

EXCHANGE problem: Ordinal 195 Could Not be located in MAPI32.DLL.

Post by Eric D. Vasbind » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00


Well, I think that I've just figured out this problem:

I had Eudora running when the errors came about.  However, the MAPI
server for Eudora was also running.  When I disabled the MAPI server in
Eudora and/or didn't run Eudora at the same time, Exchange worked out OK.

Evidentially, the two MAPI servers were duking it out and exchange was
loosing and wasn't smart enough to tell me that it was conflicting with
the other program's MAPI server.  :)

Thanks anyway,
Eric


Quote:

>OK, I've gotten a major problem with the NT client of Exchange.

>I just installed it last night.  It seemed to connect to the server OK;
I
>was able to send and receive email messages, etc.  However, when I
logged
>back into the machine in the morning (it is left on 24 hours a day, 7
>days a week) and tried to start up the exchange client again, I was
given
>this error:  The ordinal 195 could not be located in the dynamic link
>library MAPI32.dll.

>This seems like a rather weird error to be getting after having it work
>just great about 5 hours ago.  The only thing that changed between then
>and now is the fact that I logged in and out of the computer.

>Any help would be appreciated.

>If possible, please CC a copy of any responses to my email address.
>Thanks.

>Later,
>Eric

--
*******************************************************************
Eric D. Vasbinder                   (PGP Encrypted Email Preferred)
        "What Are We, But The Masters Of Our Own Destiny?"      
Check out my web page-->              http://www.orst.edu/~vasbinde


Finger for PGP Public Key-->                     Key ID: 0xD03AEFA5
*******************************************************************

 
 
 

EXCHANGE problem: Ordinal 195 Could Not be located in MAPI32.DLL.

Post by Ben Goett » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00



Quote:>Evidentially, the two MAPI servers were duking it out and exchange was
>loosing and wasn't smart enough to tell me that it was conflicting with
>the other program's MAPI server.  :)

The problem is that Exchange - and the entire Windows Messaging Subsystem of
Win95, NT4, or any Microsoft Exchange Server client - delivers the entry
points of complete 1.0 MAPI in a library with the same name as that used by
the old NT 3.51 Microsoft Mail "simple MAPI," which Qualcomm Eudora shims in
order to support Simple MAPI requests from applications.

There is no support for two different subsystems delivering the Simple MAPI
interfaces on a single machine.

--
Ben Goetter, Angry Graycat Designs
http://www.angrygraycat.com/goetter/