Forwarding every mail to an external mailbox

Forwarding every mail to an external mailbox

Post by Kazi » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I would like to forward my mails to an external mailbox, but i can't do it.
I tried to create a server side rule on our Exchange Server 5.5 with Outlook
2000 and here is the description of my rule:

"Apply this rule after the message arrives
redirect it to <the external mailbox address>"

There is no condition, it means every message is redirected. If I create a
condition, the problem remains there, but if I change the action (for
example "move to a specified folder") it works. If I change something then
everything is working except one thing: what I want. I have checked the
external mailbox address, it's correct, I can send messages to that place
directly.

Can anybody help me? It is very important.

Thanks in advance:

Kazi

Forwarding every mail to an external mailbox

Post by Chris Scharf » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to forward my mails to an external mailbox, but i can't do it.
>I tried to create a server side rule on our Exchange Server 5.5 with Outlook
>2000 and here is the description of my rule:

>"Apply this rule after the message arrives
>redirect it to <the external mailbox address>"

>There is no condition, it means every message is redirected. If I create a
>condition, the problem remains there, but if I change the action (for
>example "move to a specified folder") it works. If I change something then
>everything is working except one thing: what I want. I have checked the
>external mailbox address, it's correct, I can send messages to that place
>directly.

>Can anybody help me? It is very important.

Check the Exchange FAQ.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Forwarding every mail to an external mailbox

Post by Kazi » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Maybe I don't express myself exactly:
I want to use a rule to forward messages, because I don't want to forward
every email of mine, just the rest of the emails which are not belong to
other rules. The reason for this is that I want to redirect most of my
messages to my mobile phone by an sms-email gateway, but I belong to some
email-list and it will be terrible if my mobile phone rings every time when
somebody post to an email-list.
This is the truth.

thanks:
Kazi

> >I would like to forward my mails to an external mailbox, but i can't do
it.
> >I tried to create a server side rule on our Exchange Server 5.5 with
Outlook
> >2000 and here is the description of my rule:

> >"Apply this rule after the message arrives
> >redirect it to <the external mailbox address>"

> >There is no condition, it means every message is redirected. If I create
> >condition, the problem remains there, but if I change the action (for
> >example "move to a specified folder") it works. If I change something
then
> >everything is working except one thing: what I want. I have checked the
> >external mailbox address, it's correct, I can send messages to that place
> >directly.

> >Can anybody help me? It is very important.

> Check the Exchange FAQ.

> --
> Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
> Senior Systems Consultant
> Simpler-Webb, Inc.

> Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Forwarding every mail to an external mailbox

Post by Chris Scharf » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Maybe I don't express myself exactly:
>I want to use a rule to forward messages, because I don't want to forward
>every email of mine, just the rest of the emails which are not belong to
>other rules. The reason for this is that I want to redirect most of my
>messages to my mobile phone by an sms-email gateway, but I belong to some
>email-list and it will be terrible if my mobile phone rings every time when
>somebody post to an email-list.
>This is the truth.

Then you'll need to enable automatic replies to the internet on your
IMS.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant
Simpler-Webb, Inc.

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Forwarding every mail to an external mailbox

Post by Kazi » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Then you'll need to enable automatic replies to the internet on your
> IMS.

This solves my problem, thank you very much.

Kazi