Q: Fax sulution for Windows NT network

Post by Lars Fundel » Fri, 24 May 1996 04:00:00

I wonder if there is a good/used solution for working with network fax in
a NT domain where there is Windows 3.11 clients as well as Windows NT
clients?
Anybody that has tried anything that will work??

Kindest regards

Lars Fundell
Stockholm, Sweden

1. Fax services on Windows NT network

We have a small network with an NT 4 Server and about 40 Win 98/95 clients.
Not all clients have modems or access to a phone line.

What is a good (simple/cheap) way to provide fax services for the clients?

My first thought is to set up a PC w/Win98 as a dedicated fax server.  Users
could send and recive faxes using using Outlook.  But we are using MS Mail
rather than Exchange. Would this be a problem?

What about fax server software for Windows NT?  Will this put much of a load
on the server?  Does anyone have any recommendations for Win NT fax server
software?

Thanks for any insights,
Dave

2. Exchange Disaster Recovery-Circular Logging

3. Data Restoration In A Windows NT Network

4. 553 Requested action not taken

5. HELP : DRAS gives a RPC error constantly

6. FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX FAX Facts

7. Creating Conference Room/Equipment Resources in Exchange

8. Windows NT 4.0 Faxing ??

9. HELP: FAX SERVER IN WINDOWS NT SERVER ENVIRONMENT

10. Windows NT 4.0 Fax ??

11. How to fax from Windows NT Workstation

12. Windows NT and FAX