outlook express lost folders

Post by Jan » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:44:13

My computer crashed and when I restarted most of my
folders in OE disappeared,along with all my messages in my
inbox except the welcome to message form OE. Is there any
way to retrive them,they are not in the deleted folder.. I
downloaded spam killers and it was working fine for 2 days
till the crash,would this have been a mistake to have
downloaded and would it have been the problem?  thanks in
advance to anyone that can help..

outlook express lost folders

Post by Shogh » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:26:28

check for *.dbx file and inport it to outlook again

Quote:> My computer crashed and when I restarted most of my
> folders in OE disappeared,along with all my messages in my
> inbox except the welcome to message form OE. Is there any
> way to retrive them,they are not in the deleted folder.. I
> downloaded spam killers and it was working fine for 2 days
> till the crash,would this have been a mistake to have
> downloaded and would it have been the problem?  thanks in
> advance to anyone that can help..

outlook express lost folders

Post by Susan VanAlle » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:55:54

I believe OE uses *.mbx files...
--
Susan VanAllen
Systems Administrator

> check for *.dbx file and inport it to outlook again

> > My computer crashed and when I restarted most of my
> > folders in OE disappeared,along with all my messages in my
> > inbox except the welcome to message form OE. Is there any
> > way to retrive them,they are not in the deleted folder.. I
> > downloaded spam killers and it was working fine for 2 days
> > till the crash,would this have been a mistake to have
> > downloaded and would it have been the problem?  thanks in
> > advance to anyone that can help..

outlook express lost folders

Post by Shogh » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:59:13

mbx?, OE uses DBX Susan

> I believe OE uses *.mbx files...
> --
> Susan VanAllen
> Systems Administrator
> The Lightship Group

> > check for *.dbx file and inport it to outlook again

> > > My computer crashed and when I restarted most of my
> > > folders in OE disappeared,along with all my messages in my
> > > inbox except the welcome to message form OE. Is there any
> > > way to retrive them,they are not in the deleted folder.. I
> > > downloaded spam killers and it was working fine for 2 days
> > > till the crash,would this have been a mistake to have
> > > downloaded and would it have been the problem?  thanks in
> > > advance to anyone that can help..

1. Exchange 5.0-to-Outlook Express Loses File Attachments

My office mail server is Exchange 5.0.  When I e-mail file attachments to my
home PC (Quicken data files) and open them in Outlook Express (build
4.72.2106.4), the attached files don't appear in the message, although the
message size always reflects the attached files.  And sometimes the message
will arrive with the paper clip icon reflecting the attachments, and
sometimes not.  Anyone have an idea what's going on here.   BTW, this
problem doesn't occur when I send mail from OE to Exchange.

2. LDAP: Container name of Global Address List?

3. Outlook Express loses newsposts

4. MAC's Getting Error 11

5. Exchange 5.0-to-Outlook Express Loses File Attachments

6. Event ID 2102

7. Manager Attribute- What does it expect????

8. Moving email from Outlook Express on one computer to Outlook Express on another

9. VB, Public Folders, Outlook and Outlook Express

10. Retrieving folders in Outlook Express

11. Can outlook express link to the public folders?