More cc:Mail questions

Post by Bill Coro » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to migrate from cc:Mail (DB8)  to Exchange 5.5.  I keep running
into brick walls.  Does anyone have a "suggested" migration path?  I want to
minimize suffering of my endusers.

Bill Coron (KB2WMG)
Network Administrator
Rudolph Technologies, Inc.

More cc:Mail questions

Post by Pete » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Running the migration tool is pretty painless.

First I would get your users to archive all of the information they want to
keep (this will make the migration much faster).

After the migration, all of your "L" users should have mailboxes on the
exchange server.

Get the utility for archive conversion from the exchange site at microsoft
and run that on the archives to get them back.  I haven't been able to get
this to work correctly yet, but the utility is there.

Keith
---------

>I'm trying to migrate from cc:Mail (DB8)  to Exchange 5.5.  I keep running
>into brick walls.  Does anyone have a "suggested" migration path?  I want
>minimize suffering of my endusers.

>Bill Coron (KB2WMG)
>Network Administrator
>Rudolph Technologies, Inc.

More cc:Mail questions

Post by Tareq Saddi » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

There is an excelent White Paper on TechNet or from the Exchange Migration
Web, it covers the details of the migration process.

Tareq

>Running the migration tool is pretty painless.

>First I would get your users to archive all of the information they want to
>keep (this will make the migration much faster).

>After the migration, all of your "L" users should have mailboxes on the
>exchange server.

>Get the utility for archive conversion from the exchange site at microsoft
>and run that on the archives to get them back.  I haven't been able to get
>this to work correctly yet, but the utility is there.

>Keith
-
>---------

>>I'm trying to migrate from cc:Mail (DB8)  to Exchange 5.5.  I keep running
>>into brick walls.  Does anyone have a "suggested" migration path?  I want
>>minimize suffering of my endusers.

>>Bill Coron (KB2WMG)
>>Network Administrator
>>Rudolph Technologies, Inc.

1. MS Mail and CC:Mail Questions

I currently have installed an exchange server on W2k 2000 Advanced, I have
my own mailbox on the server and some outside Internet Mail Clients.  Do I
need the MS Mail or CC:mail installed, or is this for people outside that is
receiving mail from me? Which I don't think it does... So I guess do I need
these installed?

2. mail spooling, routing like an ISP question

3. More cc:Mail questions

4. Help, I was hacked...

5. Auto-generation of alias

6. CC:Mail Question: "Do Not have the permission to send on behalf of a user"

7. Urgent - Restoring public folder on Exchange 5.5

8. cc:Mail Migration to cc:Mail

9. Trying Here....questions about MS Importer for cc:Mail

10. cc:Mail Connector Question

11. CC:mail Dirsync Question

12. Exchange 5.5 cc:Mail Connector Question