Best way to copy mailboxs to new server

Post by Chris Hanu » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What is the best way to go about copying all the mailboxes, and address
books from one exchange server, to a new one that we are setting up?

Best way to copy mailboxs to new server

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Follow the URL in the FAQ below to the Ed Crowley Move Server Instructions
in the Appendix.

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ at   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
                               http://www.exchangefaq.org

NOTE: Only posts to the newsgroups will be answered.

Quote:> What is the best way to go about copying all the mailboxes, and address
> books from one exchange server, to a new one that we are setting up?

Best way to copy mailboxs to new server

Post by Dave Glove » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Is the new server int he same Site/Org??  If so the use the move mailbox
util in the Admin.  If it is in a new site/org then you can make pst's of
the mailboxes.  But it also depends upon how many you are planning to move

Dave Glover, MCP