Disaster Recovery

Post by Daniel Schlenzi » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:26:01

I have  a backup of priv and pub.edb and my transaction logs, is it possible
to restore my information store form that. If so, how easy is it?

Regards

Daniel

Disaster Recovery

Post by MVP » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:30:36

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRe...
sp
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> I have  a backup of priv and pub.edb and my transaction logs, is it
possible
> to restore my information store form that. If so, how easy is it?

> Regards

> Daniel

1. Exchange Disaster Recovery becoming a Disaster

Good Afternoon

We are trying to restore Exchange 2K onto a different server.

We are following the restore procedure from the MS Exchange website and have
done a basic installation of Windows 2K and have restored the Active
Directory. However have the following problem.

When we attempt to re-install Exchange using the /DisaterRecovery switch the
installation immediately fails with the following error in the Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID (1005) in source (BOExchangeSetup) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: The system cannot find the specified.
Facility:Win32 ID no: c0070002 Microsoft Exchange Setup.

We have restored the AD for a second time with the same result.

Is there away around this problem or maybe a better route to restoring
Exchange??

Thanks

Mike

2. Changing Passwords across Internet

3. Moving exchange

4. Disaster Recovery - I need to create damage in InfoStore to test recovery procedures

5. Daylight savings time change and effect on Exchange Clustered Servers

6. Disaster Recovery options

7. v5.5 Event 3010 from out of the blue

8. "disaster recovery" question

9. Exchange Replication for Disaster Recovery

10. Advanced Disaster Recovery

11. Disaster recovery tools...

12. Disaster Recovery, Failover, Cluster