Message Store archive folder - can this be done?

Message Store archive folder - can this be done?

Post by Steel » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:40:22

I have a multiple site Exchange organization. At one of the sites, I have a
copy of all messages that are sent or received by mailboxes on that
particular message store being archived to a particular mailbox to be
reviewed (politics). There is one user at this site who sends and receives
some sensitive information, and would like to be excluded from having their
e-mail copied to this other box. I have the receiving mailbox set to not
accept messages from the sensitive user, which excludes any messages that
the sensitive user sends, or receives from outside of the organization.
However, any time anyone from within the organization sends to the sensitive
user, a copy of the message shows up in the archive e-mail box. Without
using client-side rules through Outlook (this would require having Outlook
up and running and logged in to the archive box at all times), is there a
way to exclude these internal messages to the sensitive user from showing up
in the archive e-mail box? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
IP, Therefore I Am

Message Store archive folder - can this be done?

Post by Steel » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:41:57

Correction - denying mail from the sensitive user to the archive mailbox
does not prevent messages sent to the user from being copied in. Any
information would be appreciated.

--
IP, Therefore I Am

Quote:> I have a multiple site Exchange organization. At one of the sites, I have
> copy of all messages that are sent or received by mailboxes on that
> particular message store being archived to a particular mailbox to be
> reviewed (politics). There is one user at this site who sends and receives
> some sensitive information, and would like to be excluded from having
their
> e-mail copied to this other box. I have the receiving mailbox set to not
> accept messages from the sensitive user, which excludes any messages that
> the sensitive user sends, or receives from outside of the organization.
> However, any time anyone from within the organization sends to the
sensitive
> user, a copy of the message shows up in the archive e-mail box. Without
> using client-side rules through Outlook (this would require having Outlook
> up and running and logged in to the archive box at all times), is there a
> way to exclude these internal messages to the sensitive user from showing
up
> in the archive e-mail box? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> --
> IP, Therefore I Am

1. Message Store archive folder - can this be done?

[...]

2. config......

3. Error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop the

4. Backoffice Exchange and License Mode

5. How to manage Exchange 5.5 archived messages (stored in Imcdata\xx\Archive)

6. Exchange 5.5 Information Store Patch 5.5.2653.22

7. Dynamic CDO profiles: What am I doing wrong?

8. Am I doing this right?

9. Am I doing enough?

10. Permissions - Am I doing this right?

11. What am I doing wrong?